Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already read the sticky, and it wasn't specific enough for me, unless I wasnt reading in the right places

Also Ive only been driving stick for a month, So i dont plan on doing it for awhile, just wanna know how so I can go over it in my mind, heres my idea on how you do it, feel free to correct me, or attack me for being horribly wrong:3_chubby:

Is it just like...holding the revs at 4k ish? in first then letting out the clutch really fast?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
i think maybe in the range of 2.5k to 3.5k, ull have to try it out i guess depending on what mods u have to help u with traction.

·
Registered
565 Posts
on the more stock side which im sure you are if you are just learning to drive the car.... you want to launch at about 2.8 k for the best result IMO ..and yea just hold it up there and dump the clutch ..try it out

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
well you don't want to just dump the clutch all that will do is spin your wheels. Honestly it is hard to tell someone how to launch. It is one of those things you just have to get out and practice until you figure it out. Really what you wanna do though is kind of feather the clutch. Sometimes if that doesn't work you have to play with the gas to (let off some get back on). Best advice someone can give you is just hit the track and get some seat time

·
Registered
686 Posts
^^ +1 to you good sir!

I don't know how many times I've tried to explain to people how to launch and wind up just telling them to get to the track and practice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts