Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Yeah there are lots of ways. Cat-back exhausts, headers, even a good cold air intake will make it a bit louder.

DIY solution? IDK maybe cut the mufflers off?

Or with aftermarket parts getting harder to find you may just want to find a good exhaust shop to make a custom system with a resonator and better flowing mufflers (or replace those with resonators too).

2007 Hyundai Tiburon
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there are lots of ways. Cat-back exhausts, headers, even a good cold air intake will make it a bit louder.

DIY solution? IDK maybe cut the mufflers off?

Or with aftermarket parts getting harder to find you may just want to find a good exhaust shop to make a custom system with a resonator and better flowing mufflers (or replace those with resonators too).
Awesome .. Appreciate it much!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put an aluminum cold air intake with no filter, open air intake with metal mesh at the opening to catch
small debris (and it’s tucked in the headlight area).

Makes the engine roar when you floor it. And quiet enough below 3k rpm. So I choose when it makes it loud.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I put an aluminum cold air intake with no filter, open air intake with metal mesh at the opening to catch
small debris (and it’s tucked in the headlight area).

Makes the engine roar when you floor it. And quiet enough below 3k rpm. So I choose when it makes it loud.
No offense but it's a really dumb idea to run an intake with no filter. You might think it's protected there "tucked in the headlight area", but if it's sucking in air it's sucking in dirt as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No offense but it's a really dumb idea to run an intake with no filter. You might think it's protected there "tucked in the headlight area", but if it's sucking in air it's sucking in dirt as well.
Every time I go to the car wash after a few weeks I got dust and dirt near and on the battery. Also I was pretty sure any engine roars when you floor it, but things like a proper cai or especially a cbe improve overall sound.

I did the opposite of what 99% do got the cbe first. CAI second and cbe is the grand majority of the noise "improvement".

·
Registered
2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT
407 Posts

Here's an okay sound.
Tho it's gonna be hard to get a good sounding from the 2.0L -- the louder you go the more of a straight piped Honda Civic you'll sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts