Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, yesterday my car went through the car wash and the idiot pulling my car off the track pulled out before the roller had retracted, so my rear lip caught on the roller, popping the front edge of my bumper out and down. I've tried just using a bit of force to pop it back up, but I can see that it's been moved out of alignment, so I might have to loosen most of the bolts holding it in place on the left side of the car.

Has anyone done this before? If so, what can I expect, and how much do I have to tear into the car to do it?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
take the tailights, side panels, and rear panel out of your trunk... i belive theres 2 bolts underneath the tailights kind of to the side and a few in the back... then go underneath the car and theres a few there and a couple in the wheel well. its fairly easy, me and a friend did it in under 10 min

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
take the tailights, side panels, and rear panel out of your trunk... i belive theres 2 bolts underneath the tailights kind of to the side and a few in the back... then go underneath the car and theres a few there and a couple in the wheel well. its fairly easy, me and a friend did it in under 10 min
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for.

u should of made them fix it for u
Every car wash tells you they're not responsible for damage caused by aftermarket parts (in fact, the one I went to has a huge sign as you pull up stating so). Usually I wash my car myself, but this time I thought I'd treat myself... some treat. My rear lip is REALLY low (too low, actually), and I'm scraping the rear more than the front and sides combined. It's annoying, actually.

·
Registered
456 Posts
but your rear - isnt it the OEM rear? I see the skirts are diff, or are they saying cause you have diff side skirts too that they arent responsible? man that is screwed up!!!!!!!!!! I hate car washes....that being said now I know how to take off my rear lol, time to put on the Rhonda :)

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, it's got a rear lip attached to the stock lip (the picture was taken before I put the rear lip on) and believe me the rear lip is very low.

Anyways guys, thanks for your help. I got it fixed and it looks as good as new, and it only took about an hour... which is a lot longer than I expected but I had my 4yr old son helping me (translation: he kept running off with tools and bolts).

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
There's a crapload of screws in there--and you'll have to take off the liners as well. I'll take a while, but is worth doing just so you know what you're in for just in case you have to do work on your car again. It's not too difficult, just time-consuming...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts