·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
434 Posts
phlash said:
I work for ADT and we just unveiled a new GPS program that if your ride gets jacked, you can track it via the computer and see exactly where it is.

http://www.adt.com/resi/products_services/mobile_security_systems/mobilesafety/

PM me if this is something you are intersted in learning more about

This is a sweet idea. Is it going to have any out of state or boundry limitations like the Lo-jack had?

OT, whats up mang, when you commin back to chicago?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can also help track where your kids are or your girlfriend if she borrows your car and if someone calls you says they are lost, you can track exactly where they are and get them to where they need to be all by loggin onto the net.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FAQ
How does the MobileSafety unit work?

The MobileSafety unit and the ADT Mobile Security Network have been designed to provide you with quick, reliable, and convenient voice plus Internet access to emergency services, location, and communication whenever and wherever you need them most.
How do I place a call with MobileSafety?

When you need immediate assistance, simply press and hold the big red “CALL” button until you hear a tone and the red LED light goes solid. This will initiate a wireless call via a nationwide network of cellular towers. The call is then routed to an ADT Mobile Security Network, enabling the caller to speak with a trained MobileSafety professional who will greet the caller by name, and ask the caller what type of assistance is needed.
Does the MobileSafety unit work everywhere?

Currently 98% of the U.S. is covered by wireless services. So, anywhere an analog cellular telephone works, the MobileSafety unit will function.
How long does it take to get a location fix?

Once you plug in your MobileSafety unit, you will hear a short beep signifying that the GPS unit is now active. The MobileSafety unit will automatically calculate and store your current location. This may take up to a few minutes. It is important to have an unobstructed view of the sky and satellites during the location tracking operation.
How do I keep the MobileSafety unit charged?

The MobileSafety unit is powered using a 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter . Plug the cigarette lighter adapter into your MobileSafety, and then into the cigarette lighter socket in your car. Some automobiles have cigarette lighter sockets that stay powered up after the ignition is turned off.
How do I install MobileSafety?

Simply locate the sticky pad on the dashboard, then place the MobileSafety unit on the center of the sticky pad.
How should I orient the antenna?

Once installed, tilt the antenna 20 degrees from vertical. This allows best results for clear reception.
What are the basic emergency services?

Emergency Services calls include:

GPS Locating Service

Fire

Ambulance

Police

Directions to nearest hospital or veterinarian clinic

Call to your roadside assistance provider or alternate service

After the emergency call, if requested, ADT will contact your registered “emergency contact” and inform them of the current situation

What is ADT Trak?

ADT Trak lets you locate your personally owned vehicles anytime you choose via your own personalized and secure “ADT Trak” website. ADT Trak displays the geographical locations of any of your vehicles at any time. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you can locate family member’s vehicles on an easy-to-read map.

Note: ADT Trak services are billed only when used; and they are billed separately to your credit card.

Can I use MobileSafety to make an urgent personal call if my cell phone is not available?

Yes. An ADT MobileSafety professional can switch your call to any phone number in the USA as part of the ADT Mobile Security Network travel information services.
What if I accidentally press the call button? Can I turn the device off?

Yes. Simply press the call button again and hold until the lights turn off. This will disconnect the call.
What does the warranty include on the MobileSafety?

MobileSafety is warranted to be free of defects. The MobileSafety unit comes with a one-year warranty.
Does my car need to be running for MobileSafety to work?

Your MobileSafety unit requires a live 12 volt power source to operate. If your cigarette lighter is not providing power, your unit will not function properly.
What is the accuracy tolerance for MobileSafety Devices?

GPS accuracy is about 10 meters (30 feet) and is dependent on a great number of factors:

Number of satellites visible to the device during tracking
The angle of the GPS antenna
Signal reflections from buildings, materials or natural features in the landscape

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
COSTS ARE AS FOLLOWS

$99.95 for the unit.
$29.95 Activation
$19.95 Per month

Honestly, I know alot of you BLOW alot more than 20 bucks a month, especially on your ride, wouldnt this be a great investment?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
It would if I cared about my car that much or had to track a cheating wife or a rebellious daughter... but I have insurance coverage to the max that will cover theft, I'm single and I probably have several kids around the world but not aware of them yet... (They are trying to track me, not me trying to track them) lol

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hhahahah....just thought I would throw it out there....

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
phlash said:
hhahahah....just thought I would throw it out there....
Nah, I would snag this up in a heart beat if I was in the city more often, or OVER protective... I think it will def. help people out... especially Terry Hogan

·
Banned
434 Posts
CarrRyanE said:
It would if I cared about my car that much or had to track a cheating wife or a rebellious daughter... but I have insurance coverage to the max that will cover theft, I'm single and I probably have several kids around the world but not aware of them yet... (They are trying to track me, not me trying to track them) lol

As far as i know some insurance companies used to offer discounts for mobil tracking enabled vechiles, like lo-jack, much the way you get a discount on home ownesr insurance with an ADT style monitoring system. Just a thought. Might want to call and check. The system might just pay for itself in lower insurance premiums.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats correct ;) good lookin out

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
antiquity said:
As far as i know some insurance companies used to offer discounts for mobil tracking enabled vechiles, like lo-jack, much the way you get a discount on home ownesr insurance with an ADT style monitoring system. Just a thought. Might want to call and check. The system might just pay for itself in lower insurance premiums.
If someone wants it that bad, they can have it... I will get a replacement

I'm sure this will be a big hit for your company!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know, none of the other sales guys are offering it.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I may be able to convince my father to get it... he's always wondering how my mother puts 50-75K miles a year on her cars

·
Banned
434 Posts
CarrRyanE said:
I may be able to convince my father to get it... he's always wondering how my mother puts 50-75K miles a year on her cars

i dont care exactly how she does, what i want to know is how she can STAND to be in the car that much. I put 30k on mine one year and was completley burnt out on driving after that.

·
Registered
981 Posts
isnt this thing old? i saw something like this a year ago on HOGAN KNOWS BEST and he got on the computer to track where her daughter was going in the truck

·
Registered
735 Posts
Phlash will I get a phone call if my car is broken into and have someone say "Dear Sir, some one may currently be breaking into your car?" As in can you hook a car alarm up to it? I see that its just a little receiver/transmitter looking device, but it would be cool if it was able to be hooked to a car alarm/starter system.

Is this available in Canada?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wouldn't most car thieves see the device sitting there, unplug it and toss it out the window? Same with trying to track a family member, they would just unplug it and make up some excuse like they needed to charge their cell phone and forgot to plug it back in.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if it were me, i would hard wire it into the cig lighter, and mount it behind the dash. then no one would even know its there, and yeah it was availble to those with MEGA bucks a while ago, but now the price has came down enough that everyone can afford it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts