Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys/girls would help me out with a few more questions, I'd really appreciate it. :3_smile:

1) How many miles does your Tib have, and have you had any problems with it?

2) What sort of warranty does Hyundai typically offer on new cars? And, do they stand by them?

3) Overall, have you been satisfied with your Tib? And, would you buy another Hyundai?

Thanks! You all have been a wealth of info. :3_smile:

·
Registered
349 Posts
1. Going on 20k miles no problems yet..
2. Warranty is good as long as you don't break anything yourself
3. Yes and yes

:)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
1.) 63,xxx and I have not had any problems other than normal wear n tear

2.) 10 yr/100,000 mi powertrain warranty 12,000 mi suspension 60,000 mi electrical, and for me yes, they have stood by their warranty

3.) Yes, I am satisfied.....and depending on the model/looks, I would buy another

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
1) Bought it new 2 1/2 years ago. 28K with zero problems

2) I haven't had to use it but from what I've heard, they do stand behind it but some dealers are better than others. A friend had a problem with the trans in his '02 Accent. One dealer tried to fix it a few times but couldn't. They they told him he's have to buy a new or rebuilt one. He went to another dealership and showed them the receipts forthe other work and the second dealership not only gave him a new trans (free of charge) but gave him a brand new Sonata as a loaner for a week while they replaced the trans.

3) Yes and I already bought another one (a used '03 Accent) for my mother-in law. She's had no problems either. I'm considering 2 more: a used Accent or Elantra as a beater car and a new Entourage (or Kia Sedona) minivan for the wife to replace the crappy Chrysler van she drives now.

·
Registered
914 Posts
1) 35k on my 2003 only a clutch issue.then i totalled it.... 44K on my 2004 not 1 issue
2) normal 100 warr. whether or not it they stand by it is more up to the dealer.
3) love my tib like no other car i ever owned. next vehicle will be their minivan. hopeing for a good Tib reincarnation ion the future to replace my 2004

i am happy everytime i look at the car....best bang for the buck

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
1. 31k on 05' no problems at all. 50k on the 97' tib (totalled now) with only window motor failure around 70k miles
2. have the 60k mile warranty but not had to use
3. yes and depends on what they (Hyundai) does performance wise vs other car makes in price range

·
Registered
226 Posts
1) How many miles does your Tib have, and have you had any problems with it?
9,987 miles - No issues so far
2) What sort of warranty does Hyundai typically offer on new cars? And, do they stand by them?
Hyundai really does stand behind that warrenty I've never had an issue with it on my Santa Fe or Sonata. In truth I really do think Hyundai's 10yr/100k mile warrenty is probably the best one out there as far as ease of claims goes.
3) Overall, have you been satisfied with your Tib? And, would you buy another Hyundai?
Yes I've been very happy and I have - Since I bought my Tib I've picked up an 07 Sonata and an 07 Santa Fe and currently I'm thinking of swapping out the Windstar for an Entourage

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
13500 miles on my 04 Tib with the only two problems being a bum BCM and flaking finish on rear wheels. Both taken care of promptly under warranty with no hassles.

I'm extremely satisfied wtih my Tiburon and hope I can drive it forever. We've owned four Hyundais now - an 02 Sonata we ran up to 142000 miles and then traded it last January for an 06 Sonata, and an 04 Santa Fe. The Santa Fe's never needed any repairs, warranty or otherwise (50000 miles) and neither has the 06 Sonata (14000 miles). The 02 Sonata only needed warranty work to replace some interior trim pieces whose finish was coming off.

We'll definitely be buying more Hyundais and right now aren't even considering any other manufacturer. The missus is showing interest in the new Santa Fe so that's probably next on our list.

·
Registered
740 Posts
1) I have 37,700. I have an auto transmission that got replaced at 20k or so. That's it.
3)Yes, I have been satisfied, I love it. Yes, I would buy another Hyundai.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i had 52k on it, had a few issues.
1) MAF, 2) moonroof sunshade (3 times), 3) cruise control module.

all replaced under warranty

·
Registered
331 Posts
Traded in my 02 Accent for my 06 Tib Limited. The Accent had 48k miles and never had any major problems. Believe me when I tell you I beat the pi$$ out of it too, haha. I drove it like a madman! Sideways at times! It was a fun little car to drive but like all hyundais, you get absolutely NO respect on the road. The only thing I hated was having a manual tranny and no tach. (WTF?)

The only thing that ever went wrong was the wipers quit once. They told me they couldn't find anything wrong but then it did it again. Those guys pulled their hair out trying to find the glitch and after an hour of running a hose over it, they found it. All fixed, all free.

The Tibs got less than 2k on it so I really can't say much about it yet. I just know I love how it looks and rides, and I haven't felt that way about a car in a long time.

Obviously, I had a hyundai and then bought another. That says something.
I'll never buy another Ford product though!

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
I have 12,600miles on mine. No problems. Factory clutch in my opinion still sucks bad but not much the dealership can do about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw your from PA (me too). So one more thing to consider is getting some all-season or winter tires to replace the pilots (I think they still come with those). You know PA winters!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have about 19000 miles on an '05 GT. It had a slight shimmy and pull to the left when I bought it - dealer installed a camber kit under warranty with no issues.

The standard Hyundai warranty right now for a new car is 5yrs 60,000 miles bumper to bumper, and 10 yrs 100,000 miles powertrain.

I've been driving this car for a year and 2 months now, and I still think to myself a couple times every week "Man, I'm so damned happy with my very first new car purchase." And yes, I will definitely look at Hyundai again, although probably not for a sporty car. The next sporty car I get will be rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
744 Posts
1) just hit 111,111 Miles a few nights ago
2) it's all about what happend to your car and how much you have it modded.
3) Overall I love my tib she is just what I wanted, Granted I've had to do some work on her but that's half the fun. My mom just got a tuscan and she is happy with that too. Over all I would probably buy another tib if it looked nice.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
1) 38,000 miles, only minor problems (squeaky sunroof when opening all the way back, pull to the right (though must've found the right tire rotation cause that is no longer present), paint is starting to come off gas cap and wipers).

2) So far I haven't had any problems w/warranty related issues.

3) Yes. I am very pleased w/my first new car purchase. Great value. I would love 400 or 505 HP and RWD... but for now I'll keep dreaming.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
36,xxx miles,,,,,tranny replaced at 2,000 miles, power window motor replaced, and gas lid repainted all under warranty. My clutch went at around 27,000 miles so I had to replace that myself ($1,300 with install)
Hyundai has been very good about warranty items,,,,,as far as "wear-out" items like clutch and brakes you gotta pay for that yourself if it's over 12,000 miles.
Overall a great car. The 2 new cars I've been able to purchase (Hyundai + Chevy) on my own both iniitially had some "bugs" that needed to be repaired under warranty,,,but usually after 20,000 miles they are totally fine and no further problems.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
ViolentB said:
36,xxx miles,,,,,tranny replaced at 2,000 miles, power window motor replaced, and gas lid repainted all under warranty. My clutch went at around 27,000 miles so I had to replace that myself ($1,300 with install)
Hyundai has been very good about warranty items,,,,,as far as "wear-out" items like clutch and brakes you gotta pay for that yourself if it's over 12,000 miles.
Overall a great car. The 2 new cars I've been able to purchase (Hyundai + Chevy) on my own both iniitially had some "bugs" that needed to be repaired under warranty,,,but usually after 20,000 miles they are totally fine and no further problems.
A tranny and then $1300 clutch/flywheel replacements are some "bug", haha. I would've been sooo pissed. That's not a pleasant new car experience IMO and shouldn't be something you have to worry about when purchasing new.

Hopefully 30k+ remains smooth sailing for ya!

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
1) About 40,000 miles now and have only had to replace the door actuators on each door once. Both were under warranty, though. The only other problem I have is the sh!tty paint, but a body kit and repaint will take care of that.

2) 100K Miles or 10 Year Warranty is great as long as you find a dealership that doesn't have pricks working at it.

3) I couldn't be happier with having bought my Tib and I definitely would buy another Hyundai.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well...

66,000 kms
MANY problems, including ignition switch, door actuator, transmittor, car filling full of water, lights gone in the center cluster, hand brake cable, driver's door switch, broken tweater case (that the dealer broke but they're saying it's my fault), and other minor problems.

No, my service has not been great. I've had to return three and four times to get things done. Some prpoblems have still not been fixed.

No, I would not buy another Hyundai. Better quality to be found elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts