Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post.
I have a Hyundai tiburon 07 that’s not starting
The theft light is on once you turn the key but goes away after 30 seconds, fuel pump is good.
The actual Hyundai dealer ship is about 3-4 hours away. I did bring to shop near by but they couldn’t really tell me anything. Only told me to switch keys and it did work for awhile but now they both aren’t working
Hoping someone here can help

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
427 Posts
This is my first post.
I have a Hyundai tiburon 07 that’s not starting
The theft light is on once you turn the key but goes away after 30 seconds, fuel pump is good.
The actual Hyundai dealer ship is about 3-4 hours away. I did bring to shop near by but they couldn’t really tell me anything. Only told me to switch keys and it did work for awhile but now they both aren’t working
Hoping someone here can help
Sounds like the immobilizer isn't syncing with your keys anymore. We don't have the immobilizer down in the USA so I'm can't say with 100% certainty but... any Kia/Hyundai dealership should be able to fix it for you. You may need a new set of keys programmed to your car's immobilizer in the BCM to fix it. The dealerships can reprogram it with a "HiScan Pro" which is the official tool from the mid 2000s Kia/Hyundai dealerships for these operations. If you're lucky you may find a local shop that has the HiScan Pro and may do it for a fraction of the price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts