Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have 2007 Hyundai tiburon and I’m planing on keeping this car as I have to many memories but down the road I wanna swap the engine once it dies especially with the custom internals begin more aggressive than stock but I was thinking about having 2010 Kia Optima or forte either the 2.4 or 2.7 as both are stronger and slightly faster than stock would it fit I know not directly but because similar companies would it be easier.

· Registered
281 Posts
Good luck read 100s of threads only successful engine swaps I've seen were other tib engines. Or the guy with the twin engine tib but that was an addition. Be ready to drop 10k between the engine, mods, possible fwd to rwd mods, mounts, etc.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,453 Posts
You don't want any direct injected Hyundai/Kia motor. They're all trash and getting warrantied left and right. What you want is an MPI motor with more displacement.

The Mitsubishi 6G75 3.8L Mivec bolts up to our V6 transmissions. Doesn't require an adapter plate or special clutch/flywheel combination. Only needs 1 mount fabricated on the passenger side. Tuning will be a challenge because our OEM V6 ECU won't operate the 3.8 Mivec. The Puerto Ricans love this combo with our 6 speed transmissions.

Reactions: orlando2513

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi I was wondering how hard it will be to swap a 04 Tiburon gt with a 2.7 01 Santa Fe engine… so my Tiburon was in a minor flood but water got in the engine and it’s dead, turns on but some internals are gone… I found a running 01 Santa Fe with a 2.7 engine that seems to be the same delta engine but I’m not 100% sure. Does anyone know if it will be a simple swap. Nothing fancy just sale automatic setup. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts