Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have two questions actually:
My Hyundai Tiburon unlocks my passenger seat lock when I open my driver seat door. Is that a common defect?
And, how can I check if my car has a central lock system?
When I bought the car they just gave me regular car keys, but I'm just curious how I can check it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
That sounds like normal operation for the tiburon lock system. the central locking control should be a button in the driver side door switch panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like normal operation for the tiburon lock system. the central locking control should be a button in the driver side door switch panel.
Thanks for the fast reply!
My door switch panel doesn't seem to have that button. The button where the logo of a 'door and key' is supposed to be, is blank.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks! How can I check if the car is equipped with a central door lock? I only own the normal keys.
Im not sure to be honest. However, im sure you can purchase a keyfob for it pretty cheap on ebay or something. They are easy to program yourself. Im sure the instructions are on the internet somewhere. If it works, then you have a working keyfob.

Ive owned two of these cars though, and have had issues with the factory alarm system/lock system where you have to do this whole song and dance when the alarm goes off and the keyfob wont reset it. My advice would be to have a professional install a good quality aftermarket alarm system with the functions to lock/unlock/trunk/etc

·
Administrator
8,901 Posts
Im not sure to be honest. However, im sure you can purchase a keyfob for it pretty cheap on ebay or something. They are easy to program yourself. Im sure the instructions are on the internet somewhere. If it works, then you have a working keyfob.

Ive owned two of these cars though, and have had issues with the factory alarm system/lock system where you have to do this whole song and dance when the alarm goes off and the keyfob wont reset it. My advice would be to have a professional install a good quality aftermarket alarm system with the functions to lock/unlock/trunk/etc
Programming a new FOB to a Tiburon is a process needing tools/software.
Relearning/re-pairing an existing FOB is easy, like when the car battery dies.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Programming a new FOB to a Tiburon is a process needing tools/software.
Relearning/re-pairing an existing FOB is easy, like when the car battery dies.
Oh, how bout that. Never had to buy a new one. Dont usually need a scan tool to program keys either. Kinda silly when these cars dont use chipped keys.

Then my advice still stands for a quality aftermarket system.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
connecting an non-original key fob is definitely not something that can be done on your own. i'm still waiting for a good time to get mine paired with my v6 tibby since i can't just do a pedal dance to make it work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ive been looking at one of the new viper systems. You can control the car with your phone. No keyfob required anymore

·
Registered
742 Posts
I got 2 fobs programmed for $80, I've had several shops try to program them with various $x,xxx scan tools, but none succeeded. I had to go to a dealer that still had a working Hi-Scan Pro to get them programed, and they said those tools are starting to become a rarity.

That said, I've never been disappointed with crimestopper alarm and remote starters. 3000ft range fobs & optional module for starting & stuff via the cell network. These cars don't have any chip security in the US so they're super easy to install yourself, no bypass module needed.

As far as normal opperation goes, the locks should mimic eachother. if you unlock one door the other should unlock, if you lock one door the other should lock. only exception is the 07/08 models that had driver door unlock priority on the fob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts