Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Is this something you'd be interested in buying if I made a full book?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

What do you guys think of a "passengers manual" to give to all the people riding around with you. Here's a sample page.

The topics would be...

1. Seat Release (Use top release)
2. Excessive Foot Debris (do not track leaves, mud, dirt, snow etc. into vehicle and don’t kick your feet off on door sill)
3. Rear-Seat Headroom Notice (do not complain if you bump your head on the back window)
4. Food, Drink, Smoking (there is none)
5. Windows (includes sunroof; driver has final say)
6. Music (driver has final say)
7. Temperature (driver has final say)
8. Center Armrest (for drivers arm only)
9. Foot Placement (Keep feet off seats and under no circumstances can you put your feet on the dashboard)
10. Exiting the Vehicle (do not use foot to open door, do not bang door on other cars)
11. Closing the Door (leave no fingerprints and don't push on window)
12. Closing the Trunk (spoiler is not a handle)

**Keep in mind the wording under each topic will be more in-depth and polished.**

EDIT
I decided to ditch this idea. I don't think there's a big enough demand.
:3_headsha

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
lol
thats great my wife always uses her foot to open the door on the inside (pushes it with foot )and leaves a foot mark and finger prints on the outside as well it ,kills me lol

·
Registered
887 Posts
Haha, thats pretty funny. My gripe is with passenger's arms getting in the way of mine in my natural driving position, interrupting my shifting arm. And don't forget, don't use my spoiler to close the hatch!

·
Banned
59 Posts
lol im printing these out and putting in my car people leave marks and stuff lol find some for Do not eat at all in my car lol!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Tide said:
lol im printing these out and putting in my car people leave marks and stuff lol find some for Do not eat at all in my car lol!
I didn't find this on the web, I made it. Everybody, make sure you vote so I get a good idea if I should go forward with this idea.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
haha thats great. i also hate how people get so much crap on the floor mat and make it so dirty over there..

how about the "feet on the dash", thats a big no-no in my book

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hate it when people push the glass to close my door...and when the're inside and point to the glass to give you directions!!!

·
Banned
59 Posts
oh my favourite ppl dont stomp their feet before they get in my car when its like a bucket of snow coming in my car lol

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
rules for passenger:
1.hang onto something
2.shut up
3.no wetting of pants
LOL

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
skybud said:
I hate it when people push the glass to close my door...and when the're inside and point to the glass to give you directions!!!
id prefer they closed it by the glass , in fact i do it myself . its much easier to clean fingerprints off glass than it is paint . plus if the car is dirty , a hand can rub the dirt into the paint and cause small scratches . although , the trim is the best spot to do it .

·
Registered
887 Posts
I say get to work. What'd it cost you to mock up that first one? Looks to me like a picture with a photoshop filter and a little bit of editing work that not many of us can or want to do. Sht, I'll hand one out to everyone before they get in my car!

rules for passenger:
1.hang onto something
2.shut up
3.no wetting of pants
LOL
Hahah, well put. Though for the wetting of pants, I would recommend an extra step of covering the seat in plastic if you plan to cause such a commotion.

I say you start posting up the ones you are going to do. Let us know what the collective whole of the manual will be so we can yea/nay ones. Personally, the door closing one stays, no feet on kick panels, no wetting of seats, dont use spoiler to close hatch... Never seen anyone try to put their feet on my dash, no room. How about one stating that only one passenger is allowed... if your midget or shorter, you may ride in back. put a measuring stick where if your taller you cant sit back there, lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
T06Crush said:
...What'd it cost you to mock up that first one? Looks to me like a picture with a photoshop filter and a little bit of editing work ...
Yeah, I took a picture but there's no Photoshop or filters involved. I drew it in Adobe Illustrator. There's no way you can get that good of line quality in a raster file with a filter. It didn't cost me anything; I didn't actually get it printed.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Most definitely. Would save me time when they get in, I won't have to verbally explain everything before we take off.

I've had someone put their feet on my dash once, it was2 days after I got the car and she thought I was too close to stop for a car that was pulling off the street. So I smacked the sh!t out of her legs... My mom wasn't very happy about me hitting her.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I hate when people close the door by the window cuz that can damage the motor and internals. Nice manual.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
riggs1088 said:
What price would you be lookin at.
It'd be very affordable. It also depends on how the final product ends up. I was thinking maybe I could just make it a downloadable file and people can just print them out. If this is the case the price would be maybe like 5 bucks. But that's not final, it's just a guess.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My fiance always does all of the above. feet on the dash, closes the trunk with the spoiler, tracks dirt in, and tries to eat in my car. :3_frown:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts