Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I didn't know were to post this so thread, so here goes I have had my Tiburon 2008 for a year now and have no intentions of replacing anytime soon, I'am in australia so we have no genesis :( but the veloster is coming to our market i personally don't like it looks like a mess no more fenders or vents, the back looks cheap and the front looks as wide as my tib. So what you guys think which looks better the last gen tiburon or the veloster?.

Attachments

· Banned
11,184 Posts
i would say that they did away with the "gills" because they seem to have appeared on a lot of other vehicles in the past couple of years! i think more people will like the velostar if there is a good aftermarket for it and if someone comes up with some good exterior upgrades...

· Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Seeing as how the Veloster is pretty much the Tiburon's replacement, I'm a little disappointed. kudos for getting very good gas mileage and the same amount of power as the old beta2 2.0L out of the 1.6L, and weighing just over 2500lbs, but I liked the styling of the concept a little better.

as for people talking about how it doesn't have "vents", well it does, look at the hood.

So at least at this point, while this replacement is better in performance over the Tiburon, it doesn't look like it has as much of a strong soul as the ole shark does.

· Registered
3,113 Posts
My initial thoughts on the exterior are....I hate it. However, I'm waiting to see what aftermarket companies will come up with to solve this. After all, we've seen this done with a few recently released Korean cars.

Time will tell I guess.

· Registered
1,442 Posts
I think i'm one of the few that likes the looks of the Veloster. i dont love it, but i think it looks neat and people will recognize it and know its hyundai, good or bad.

Are they making a more performance or tuner version? i've actually paid zero attention to the veloster until today...

· Registered
881 Posts
is that the final product actually? if so, i am not a fan at all.

· Premium Member
3,394 Posts
i hate the rear end with a passion, it reminds me of the Honda insight

like how the rear window is cut in half so you can see out of it, i just hate it with a passion.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i hate the rear end with a passion, it reminds me of the Honda insight

like how the rear window is cut in half so you can see out of it, i just hate it with a passion.
man the honda insight is ugllllllllly!!!!, and so is the Veloster too much curves that needn't be like the 2001 hyundai fx coupe, I prefer the gensis but it ain't available down under and the only korean car i get my hands on is the forte koupe which i think looks better than the veloster.

· NT's Best Photochop Artist 2010
738 Posts
Who's the fool that keeps drawing up these horrid front ends. The Genesis' and Azera's front end look like crap, same with this. Back isn't bad though.

· Registered
881 Posts
Who's the fool that keeps drawing up these horrid front ends. The Genesis' and Azera's front end look like crap, same with this. Back isn't bad though.
Really? The back is awful it looks like a chrysler crossfire...

· Swim away fishes...
6,246 Posts
Looks more like a revised Accent.

Reactions: dlanes

· Registered
5,127 Posts
looks like a coupe and a station wagon tried to abort a 3rd trimester fetus and left it to die in a dumpster..
but it survived and gets awesome gas mileage due to its underweight-ness from a premature birth.

· Registered
7,900 Posts
Looks more like a revised Accent.
I agree, but I still think the Accent looks better. The wife and I were looking at the Accent and decided on an Elantra in the end.

· Registered
218 Posts
It's growing on me. I think only a couple exterior mods could have it looking really good.
While I agree that it does need a little something to kick it in the right direction, the simple fact is that, a new car with new styling shouldn't need it. It should look good straight from the factory and unfortunately, the Veloster just looks like crap

· and his new kimchi coupe
8,280 Posts
OMG

They totally carried over the tib's side body lines. I am just now noticing this. Look at the 2nd picture. :3_steam:

The taillights also look like mild adaptations of the FL tails. I see overwhelming hints of tib in an entirely reworked package.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.