Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· and his new kimchi coupe
8,280 Posts
You can see the tibs body lines in the crease just below the bottom of the window and the crease at the bottom of the doors.
They just need gills/vents on the fenders.

Wait. NO they don't.

First they were criticized for ripping off other car's designs, now they're just taking cues from their old cars. Oh well, I suppose the tib lives on, in an abstract sense.

· Registered
7,900 Posts
I just noticed, but it looks like a 3rd door on the passenger side.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks good to me. Something unique.
you kidding me its a mutated tiny Tiburon the only thing i like is the shiny black bumper at the bottom and why only three doors it should have been 2 hidden doors at the back like the rx8.

I wouldn't trade my 2.7 ltr with this and i thought they were meant to release a turbo variant ah well! I wish they bring back the Tiburon which was a cooler name than veloster, i heard once hyundai was going to make a special division like toyota and Lexus is that still in the works.

Attachments

· Registered
881 Posts
looks like a coupe and a station wagon tried to abort a 3rd trimester fetus and left it to die in a dumpster..
but it survived and gets awesome gas mileage due to its underweight-ness from a premature birth.
LMFAO

trouble is,new cars never seem easy on the eye,it takes some getting used to
What about when the tiburon 05-06 came out new? I thought it was damn sexy.

· and his new kimchi coupe
8,280 Posts
you kidding me its a mutated tiny Tiburon the only thing i like is the shiny black bumper at the bottom and why only three doors it should have been 2 hidden doors at the back like the rx8.

I wouldn't trade my 2.7 ltr with this and i thought they were meant to release a turbo variant ah well! I wish they bring back the Tiburon which was a cooler name than veloster, i heard once hyundai was going to make a special division like toyota and Lexus is that still in the works.
Hehe, its an 05 tiburon that fell into a vat of raw nuclear waste and grew a third door.

· Registered
246 Posts
I personally hate everything about it... not a worthy replacement for the tib at all, if you ask me. I don't think any amount of exterior mods could improve its appearance to me. This is not a design that will grow on me, no matter how long I stare at it.

· Registered
1,124 Posts
THANK GOD THEY DIDNT CALL IT TIBURON :D , i rather my tiibyy being discontinued than calling that peice of garbage a tiburon

· Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys...
Yeah Im from australia too,such a dissapointment we are not gettin the genesis coupe or genesis period...
That coupe is sexy as with some of those sfr kits or even the aston martin front end kit....
The veloster looks pretty cool but I kinda feel its heading more into that golf gti,alfa giulietta/mito,ford focus xr5 audi A3 type market...It looks better than those...Yeah that third door is a little strange but its cool..Anyone seen those early "shy leaked" pix of the genesis coupe where it reminded me of a tvr..the pix was yellow..It looked so dam hot...

· Registered
370 Posts
Looks like a Nissan Juke to me. Except this doesn't have the ugly head lights. Maybe this comes with a turbo?...lol
It will be getting a Turbo! I am not sure of the size, I hear the 2.0. That would be outright ridiculous... The Tiburon is a lot better looking then the Veloster. I would never treat the Veloster as a replacement for the Tiburon.

It's a sport hatchback from Hyundai, that doesn't make it a Tiburon tho:3_shiny:

· Registered
692 Posts
It's one of those cars that if someone gave it to me for free, I would sell it as quickly as possible. It's ugly as sh!t, I would be pretty mad if I lived down under. I would rather have a Tiburon any day, even if this thing was faster. I don't like my Tib for speed, I like it because she's sexy :D the Veloster though.... Wouldn't even take a second glance at it at the dealership..

· Registered
284 Posts
Tibby should have wore a condom when it mounted the Toyota Prius. Let this be a lesson to you folks, next time ur in a starbucks and pick up a hippy chick, double bag ur junk man. Unpleasant things may happen.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
I don't really like it... It is nice that its 500lbs lighter than a Tib and has similar power to the 2.0... so it ought to be faster than even an SE, and probably a good autocross machine. But its pretty ugly, and I would MUCH rather spend a little more on a 2.0T Genesis Coupe, looks so much better. When I get out of college one of the first things I'm planning on doing is finding a 3.8 R-Spec Genesis coupe and keeping my Tib as a DD.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.