Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
I
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys here is the story...

I've been having a real hard time with some real life events and so its caused me to be distracted a bit. I was working on the forum earlier today in a not so good mood trying to rush things before I headed out the door to work. I managed to overwrite the old database and lose all the data that we had accumulated on the new board. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused because I know this just happened and a lot of you had to re-register and start over again. Believe me I tried my hardest to restore everything because I had to go and redo all the stuff that took me a week to get how I wanted it. Things still aren't back up to 100% yet but I will keep working on them as much as possible the next few days.
I have taken steps to prevent something like this in the future such as activating our backup script like it should have been activated in the first place and renaming the default database name to a different name.
Once again, I am truely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you because I know a lot of you were just getting settled in, but please keep complaints to a minimum. I know it sucks but I just don't want to hear a bunch of complaining again. Now lets get this place going once again!

Thanks,

Jacob

P.S. For those of you who donated and sent me an email requesting access, I still have all the emails in my deleted messages folder so I will be re-adding access here in the next few days.

·
Registered
48 Posts
don't worry about it bro, personal problems tend to be distracting, and if anyone complains, just give 'em the old single finger salute. looks like i got some work to do, "general off topic" here i come.
*formerly sharpner

·
Banned
4,260 Posts
Here we are again.........Newbies :biggrin:
Oh well.........live and learn

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
you should do this monthly to stop all the posting whoring and making them restart, haha. Besides that, it looks good!

·
Banned
99 Posts
Damn you Jacob. Damn you I say!! How dare you make a mistake and then apologize over something that was beyond control?! Do it once a month...maybe once a week, just for grins!

·
Registered
140 Posts
worth it to replace the old one

Don't mind losing a week full of posts to replace the "all-blue eye killer" with something that looks as good as this. :)

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
should have blamed it on the "Blue Screen of Death!"

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like this so far...looks unique

·
Registered
109 Posts
:shakesfist: Damn you!!! Back to Newbie again!!! Ok, now that that's out of the way....back to posting. Don't worry about it Shadowgate, $hit happens.

Always remember: It could be worse.................you could have a sharp stick in your eye! :biggrin:

BTW, that referrer thing when you register threw me off, it kept saying not a valid referrer..I was like WTF??? Finally figured out, the persons name isn't registered yet..so it couldn't find them. :-\

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.