Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OLD STUFF
EBC Rotors (slotted and dimpled with gold zinc finish)
EBC Red Pads (Ceramic)

NEW STUFF
Remanufactured Nastra 2005 XG350 calipers (came with pads but I'm gonna sell the pads)
Centric Posi-Quiet Pads
Wagner Rotors

All bought from rockauto.com

I will install these once I pick up a pair of XG350 brake dust shields from the dealer

·
Registered
594 Posts
Remanufactured Nastra 2005 XG350 calipers (came with pads but I'm gonna sell the pads)
Centric Posi-Quiet Pads
Wagner Rotors

All bought from rockauto.com

I will install these once I pick up a pair of XG350 brake dust shields from the dealer
badass! im going to be picking up some calipers from a junkyard next week

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Did they come with the lighter? Ha just kidding, nice man you should have some more stopping power now!!

·
Banned
60 Posts
Why are you upgrading the brakes on a N/A 4 banger?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
badass! im going to be picking up some calipers from a junkyard next week
Man do it! I called every junk yard in my vicinity and they didn't have any, I called everybody 160 miles away too! Goodluck

Did they come with the lighter? Ha just kidding, nice man you should have some more stopping power now!!
I had to calm myself down with a cigarette before I went animal on those boxes, since I can't beat um with horsepower, I'm gonna beat um with stopping POWWAAAAAA!!

Why are you upgrading the brakes on a N/A 4 banger?
I'm on the road quite a bit with stuff in the trunk and there's a bit of stop and go on the highway so I wanted to spend less effort on my brake pedal. In other words, stock brakes suck, it sucks even more without ABS. It's my money too so Uhhhh!! j/k lol

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
did these just bolt up like stock?
Yep, except that you have to unbolt the brake hose clipper on the strut for it to reach the caliper. The brake nipple on the XG350 caliper is on the middle of the caliper as opposed to being at the top like that of the stock caliper. after you hook up the brake line to the calipers, point the wheels straight and bolt the brake line clippers back onto the struts

I got new rear calipers too with new rotors and pads and altogether the brakes make the car come to a stop really fast and yet the brake pedal action requires very little effort. The brake pedal feels much softer and yet the car stops so good. I'm actually looking forward to the stop-n-go traffic for the upcoming weekday commute!

One side affect is that at low speed turning, the steering is a lil heavier. Mine is a 4banger so the steering pump might be different from the V6 GT Tibs.

Even 2003&Up Kia Amanti brake caliper will fit tiburons, These calipers are the same ones from the XG350. Rockauto has a "Loaded Pair" for $170 under Kia Amanti. Raybestos or A1 Cardone sells each calipers for $112 so going with the NASTRA "loaded pair" makes sense if you want a rebuilt one instead of a junkyard one.

According to several people yes they do!!!!

im picking up some next week!
Get some Liquid Wrench penetrant, my 2nd rotors were just as bad as the original OEM ones. They were really frozen on the hub, had to hammer um for like 1 hour! but I live in canada where the roads are salty and nasty.

Post up some pix while you're at it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts