Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i did the slave cylinder mod and everything went fine. I was really excited to see the difference and now i have 2 i hope minor problems. First problem is when i bang the gears fast sometimes i hear a squeek. sounds like some kind of belt squeek. 2nd when i was doing the slave cylinder mod i unplugged a wire to get a better edge at that banjo bolt. But once i finished the mod i forgot to plug it back in. Can anyone please tell me if this plug was vital and if it will **** up anything, because i ran the car up and down the road with that plug out... For now the car drives normal but little bit more of an engine sound to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS NT MEMBERS.

Heres the pic of the plug. Its looks like the line leads to the lower manifold or upper. its located right above the slave.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
dont know what to tell you, i dont remember a squeek when i did mine way back when... all i can think of doing is make sure you put enought brake fluid back in. and as for the plug. just plug it back in, then disconnect your battery for 5 min to recet the ecu just incase

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
my clutch sqeaks... and yeah just plug the thing back in. You have freaked yourself out so you think your engine is louder buts its not. just relax, u would have known already

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys really do appreciate it. But just for knowledge id like to know what that plug does :).

·
Registered
744 Posts
The plug slows the fluid so there is a slower more gentle engagment of the clutch, if you want controll of your clutch back just remove the plug thing

·
Registered
148 Posts
i have that squeek to for about 20,000 miles, and no its not from the pedal its outside the car only certain times when i slip the clutch out or shift fast. i dont know what the hell it is, but it does sound liek belts but is comming from teh wrong side of the engine bay. probably just the clutch engaging and slipping a bit. whatever. 36000 and clutch is going strong more than others can say. and i drive hard and been to the strip a bunch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well at least im not the only one... Anyone got any ideas on the pictures? on what that plug is?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
well, there are 3 plugs in that area, and since you said you drove up and down the street one of them is ruled out, and that would have been the rear injector harness plug - the other 2 plugs there are the knock sensors, there is one on either side of the block under the lower intake - and I am sure you plugged it back in - so no harm, no foul -

·
Registered
694 Posts
i dont know if we're talking about the same thing but whenever i shift at higher rpms i get those loud sqeek/bov like sound. It's comming from the clutch? I took it in to the dealership n they just told me something was loose so they "fixed it", came back after a little after i installed my cai.

·
Registered
282 Posts
my pedal sqeaks but i thought it waws from running a heavier fluid sythetic dot 4 but i do hear something else powershifting but its only at high rpm but from passager side but its not a belt just replaced it . could it be timing belt . its about time to change it .

·
Registered
468 Posts
after i did it my pedal sqeaked so i had the techs at hyundai bleed the clutch again for me... no more squeak... try that, if oyu still hear it... uh.. shift more smoothly? I dunno :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts