Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I (think) I successfully did the valve removal mod last night...

Some questions for those who have done it or are just that smart.

1) That mofoing banjo bolt kicked my ***! I ended up stripping it kinda badly. I was able to get it off, and was able to tighten it up fairly tight, but I doub that it's as tight as it was originally on there... Is this going to be a problem? After driving for about 20 miles it hadn't leaked, but should i be worried?

2) My clutch pedal sqeaks now when I let it out (i.e. quiet on the way down, squeak on the way up). I'm going to have the dealer look at it today because I'm going to be there anyway, but anyone know what's up with that?

3) How do i know if i bled the system properly? I mean, I followed the instructions, but how do I know there's no air left in it? The clutch feels normal I think, but I'm paranoid about these things... Any suggestions?

:3_koning: thanks! :3_koning:

· Registered
607 Posts
Did you do this with someone else...? because that helps when you're bleeding it. You know when its done getting the air out of it when you stop seeing air bubbles in the brake fluid container while you're pushing in the clutch. You or someone else should be pushing the clutch in and out while someone is watching the brake fluid.
As for the squeaking.... did you put brake fluid back into the container? Did you bleed it before and after taking the spring out?

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm.. About where it used to I think... maybe halfway? hard to tell exactly

· Registered
607 Posts
fill it up most of the way... no need for it to be half full unless its been a while since filling it up.

· Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ehh.. the "halfway" was to Chemik's question, sorry, you posted in between.

As to your questions... I did it with my bro, and he pushed on the clutch while I manned the bleeder valve...

Wait.... waas I supposed to submerge the bleeder valve in brake fluid? I mean, I never saw any "bubbles" per say, I just watched until fluid (instead of air) started coming out of the bleeder, and then tightened it up.. was this not correct?

and yes, I filled up the master all the way.

· Registered
607 Posts
nah man you dont submerge the slave cylinder into the brake fluid its comming out of... you look for the bubbles where you pour the brake fluid into. I guess if its still running you didnt mess anything up... but you might want to try to bleed it again... just look at the master cylinder in the corner of the engine bay, and when that stops making bubbles, you bled it successfully.

Hope that helps

· Registered
4 Posts
I wish to do this mod. Have been trying for 3 weekends to get this banjo bolt off. I have tried wrenches, crescent wrenches, sockets, everything. I cant get this bolt off for the life of me. Going left to unscrew. All power and muscle and nothing. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.