Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooooooooooo here it goes.

i have a 2006 gt auto. not even 7k miles on it. i got a cel at around 3-4k, never had time to bring it and get it checked out. i put on fujita cai. now i decided to go to the dealer and get it figured out.

here are the codes i got:

U0101 CAM TIME OUT TCU CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH TRANS
P0171 FUEL SYSTEM TOO LEAN (B1)

I know the too lean thing, i looked it up. im really not concerned about that right now. i took out the cai and put back in the stock air box so i can bring it back to the dealer on wednesday 3/7 and get the other code fixed, that is, IF they will fix it. my dealer is known to be a PAIN IN THE ***.

they even *****ed about my rrm strut bar, and of COURSE *****ed about the intake.

what the hell does the U0101 code mean??? that really should be covered under warranty right? :3_confuse

any ideas what i should do in the meantime?

·
Registered
475 Posts
it's pretty much telling you whats going on, the Transmission control can't communicate with the Tranny man, just take it in they should fix it! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's pretty much telling you whats going on, the Transmission control can't communicate with the Tranny man, just take it in they should fix it! :)
thats the problem. they said this:

1. that code would not throw a CEL (not that this matters. i had that code BEFORE i put in the cai and it still had a cel)
2. because i have an aftermarket intake, they wont fix it.

****ing hate these dealerships im about to hire a hitman

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
You're doing the right thing by taking off the aftermarket intake. They have no excuse now.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You're doing the right thing by taking off the aftermarket intake. They have no excuse now.
Although they can't not honor his warranty because of his intake. I love to raise hell when they try to pull that off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
thats the problem. they said this:

1. that code would not throw a CEL (not that this matters. i had that code BEFORE i put in the cai and it still had a cel)
2. because i have an aftermarket intake, they wont fix it.

****ing hate these dealerships im about to hire a hitman
Put the stock airbox back inand take it to anohter dealer they will fix it no questions asked! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
that code has nothing to do with the cai they should fix it. that code means the tcm is not comunicating with the ecm they have no right not to fix this under warranty.

"The ECM sets DTC U0101 if ECM detects that communication time via CAN exceeds threshold value."

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that code has nothing to do with the cai they should fix it. that code means the tcm is not comunicating with the ecm they have no right not to fix this under warranty.

"The ECM sets DTC U0101 if ECM detects that communication time via CAN exceeds threshold value."
you you're right. i put the stock airbox back in and took out the strut. my engine compartment is completely stock right off the showroom. im bringing it back on wed or fri. if they dont fix it im going to raise hell.

wish me luck. i want my cai back :(

·
Registered
397 Posts
Under the Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act, they can't deny you service (much less under warranty) for having aftermarket parts that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the parts afflicted.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i brought it back to the dealer without the cai. they just called me back. thankfully i got a decently intelligent tech this time. he said "wow this is a weird code." thanks dude, that helps. anyway they had to order a new tcu for the car, will be in next week, then getting replaced.

all this for a car with 5k miles on it? ****. im starting to debate whether i want to keep this or not.

·
Registered
2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2.7L V6
1 Posts
Need help...PLEASE!!! My 2008 Tiburon GT Auto with less than 34k on it is shifting hard from P to R when the headlights are on. When the check engine light came on, I checked and got the code of U0101 (TCM losing communication with the transmission). I have tried to order the part brand new online at least twice from two different dealers, however, both times my order was cancelled with the dealers stating that the part is no longer available. What should I do next?

·
Administrator
8,847 Posts
Need help...PLEASE!!! My 2008 Tiburon GT Auto with less than 34k on it is shifting hard from P to R when the headlights are on. When the check engine light came on, I checked and got the code of U0101 (TCM losing communication with the transmission). I have tried to order the part brand new online at least twice from two different dealers, however, both times my order was cancelled with the dealers stating that the part is no longer available. What should I do next?
Start checking eBay or junkyards.....may be ways to fix TCM, but used or junkyard is more likely.

So ya know, most posters in this thread have not been on this forum in 7+ years....doubt they will reply....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts