Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know a good way to DIY door dings? Products or anything that actually work? Professional prices are ridiculous at 50 bucks a ding.

· Retired Staff
8,899 Posts
Yepp but you've gotta pay to get it to look right. There's tons of old wives tales about getting door dings out in a DIY fashion, they even sell those crappy products that somehow suction onto your car and pull the ding out. I can't say that I've ever tried them, nor will I ever.

· Registered
78 Posts
i dont know man i rather pay i had one and this guy took it out (PRO) it looks good you cant see it anymore he charged me 90bucks it was on the drivers door right where the crease is it was a b**** to get out but he did it go to denttime.com and look at there work they are really good locates in San Diego just so you can get an idea

· Registered
3,678 Posts
ya i hear ya but the way i see it is i love my car and all and would kill the person that dinged it if i saw them but once i got it fixed i would end up getting another one. Dings, dents and scratches are always gunna happen, they suck but unless u have a security guard watchin ur car 24/7 then anyone that dings ur car and really doesnt care (which is about 99.9% of people IMO) is gunna get away with it. Ive tried that suction cup thing and all it got me was a sore arm for pulling so hard aand it didnt even work.

· Registered
2,620 Posts
I took out my door ding myself... now I am at total peace when I chill with my door open.

O- you mean ding and not dinger LOL. Yea- any tecniques would be appreciated- but If it has a crease I heard there is no way to pull it out. I'd take it to a professional to get it smoothed with filler.

I've kicked in someones door on thier civic because they parked behind me when I had to leave. I felt bad so I offered to fix it and I was actually able to take the door panel off and pop it out with my hands from inside the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.