Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got audio video stuff on e-bay have a few ? and a 06 kenwood for sale

ok i just bought several items on ebay by bidding total cost (including shipping) for everything you see below was $536.42 i dont think i did 2 bad, even though some of them are weird brand.

jensen 9311 touch screen version (dident get it form this seller he just had a better pic)

screens for the rear seats
here is a flash with pics of the rear monitors
i hope that the brackets fit i can modify if needed

and a rear camera kit(got it for $16 lol)
flash of the rear camera kit
im guessing its not quite dark enough 2 match the tibby dash(ill change that hehe)

any way my questions are

i have a 2006 tibby SE and the kenwood cd/mp3player i dont need a harnenes that i need 2 hook up the dvd/touch screen jensen from what i have read on other posts (yea i use the seach lol) if i do let me know

i think the extra 2 screens i bought need a remote 12v and the rear view camera kit 2, is it ok 2 hook up all these devices up 2 the 12v remote on the jensen at the same time or am i just asking for smoke /fire lol????

im hooking up an x-box also i have the power converter all ready got one for free at work(work at home depot part time) its 400 watts husky brand and tested with the x-box pluged it for several days no problems powers on great and runs great, ok now is there any one on here with a set up like what i just got? have you had any problem is there anything i should know before intalling? sorry i just bought this car its my baby paying on it for 4 years, wanna make sure the install gose smooth, no problem, i guess i can be the tester 2 see if this "eonon" brand is any good hehe

i also wanted 2 move my 3 gauges 2 the bottom and not the top so when when i have the screen out on the jensen it dosent cover them up, can i do this or is there some modification need????

i would love 2 see some of your video set ups if you have pic of them and any info!

i dont think i did 2 bad for all this i know i could have gotten an extended warrenty if i would have bought it form best buy or some place like that but im an ele tech and if the ribbion gose bad on the jensen i can fix it for cheap (i fix i-pods/mp3 players and digital cameras for fun and sell them on ebay)

oh yea if any one wants the 2006 kenwood unit ill sell for $135 shipping included its a damn nice looking unit and sounds great i just want video 2 hit me up if your interested, will ship when i have the new stuff in, i just bought the car so its brand spankin used!!!!!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Re: i just got a bunch of audio video stuff on e-bay have a few ? and a 2006 kenwood for

That Jensen is nice.. I was messing around with one at the stereo shop yesterday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: i just got audio video stuff on e-bay have a few ? and a 06 kenwood for sale

oh yea also what do i need 2 to do with the wire so that the dvd player can be used while im driving??? it is just a 12v ground right? where at in the car did you ground yours at?

·
Banned
434 Posts
Re: i just got a bunch of audio video stuff on e-bay have a few ? and a 2006 kenwood for

you can ground it anywhere, being an electrical tech im sure you knew that though.

multigauges should be able to be relocated w/o any problems.

Jensen is not the greatest quality but it should get you started. This unit is a fairly straight forward install not really any more involved than a regular HU. Just go get at it.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Re: i just got audio video stuff on e-bay have a few ? and a 06 kenwood for sale

dj-turbo said:
oh yea also what do i need 2 to do with the wire so that the dvd player can be used while im driving??? it is just a 12v ground right? where at in the car did you ground yours at?
Mine is just tapped into the ground wire on the wiring harness :3_smile:

·
Banned
312 Posts

How much did you pick up that H/U for? I'm really liking the touch screen ipod interface...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTea said:
How much did you pick up that H/U for? I'm really liking the touch screen ipod interface...

$318 if you would like a link 2 the seller just ask, and it is brand new factory sealed, they want $500 something for it at most stores so i saved about $200

·
Banned
312 Posts

damn thats a sweet deal.. does it come with the ipod cable? Can I have a link.. may be needing to get a christmas present for myself..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i have the jensen hooked up and running with an x-box hehe ill get some pics of me playing halo 2 lol, i have 2 headrest monitors and reverse camea screen, and camera in also but its gonna be a bit before i hook them up lots of wires 2 hide and i work like 16 hours a day so mabey during the holiday ill get around 2 it because i wanna do everything right + i need a video siginal booster for the extra 2 screens but man i love it so far ill keep you all posted with the progress and some pics of the final set up hehe

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

dj-turbo said:

Take the head unit out then look in the empty space where the HU was. You'll see a bolt that a bunch of other stuff grounds to. Ground to that. That's where I've got my headunit and Sirius tuner grounded at and it works great, very convenient.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

yep i seen it theres like 10 other things grounded 2 it, there also another one off 2 the right of that one. but yep i had 2 use a switch 2 play video and use the x-box, i ended up hideing the switch in my ash try hehe works great and no one can see it BUT!!!! i cant put the dvd player on top and the gauages on the bottom the bracket will not let me, so get ready i gonna make it work custom baby!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts