Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 17 and Im buying a modded tibby very soon. My parents are barely ok with it, but it has some sort of aftermarket exhaust on it that is extremely loud. As you can guess my parents aren't to happy about that, so I need to find a quiet exhaust I can put on it. Everywhere I look though I only find more loud and noisy ones. Please help.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well, all aftermarket exhausts are going to make the car louder. different brands will produce different exhaust notes. is it when the car is idling that they are complaining? or just the fact in general that its loud? the quietest exhausts i believe are the Borla, the APEXi, and the Injen SES. but throw headers on and no matter what, the car will be loud. i have an APEXi exhaust and when the car is idling, you can't hear it, but when you get on it, it gets loud. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
GeneralPattons setup... His is so quiet. Quieter than stock actually.Just kidding

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
dude... general pattons is loud... way louder then just an exhaust will make it... id suggest to the OP to go buy a Stock exhaust..
im almost positive that you can find a cheap one on here, sell the aftermarket one on here for more, then spend the extra $$$ on other mods.. like appearance mods or something.

·
Registered
389 Posts
dude... general pattons is loud... way louder then just an exhaust will make it... id suggest to the OP to go buy a Stock exhaust..
im almost positive that you can find a cheap one on here, sell the aftermarket one on here for more, then spend the extra $$$ on other mods.. like appearance mods or something.
guess u missed the white text

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
White text FTMFW

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
haha yes i did. lol
o well..
my point about the stock exhaust is still valid XD lol

oh and Badluck... dude.. why is it that like everytime i see you post its always like something about GP?? lol
YOUZ GAY FOR HIM DUDE!!!
see i can do the White txt too... lol

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Depending on what exhaust it is, you might be able to put sliencers in it. I have some in my garage. PM me if you want them.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Did you check to see if the car has headers? If it does and you go to the stock exhaust manifold it should quiet it down quite a bit.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I'm sure you would be able to find someone on here willing to trade you for there stock catback??? What kind of exhaust is it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It had headers, but they took them off so it could pass the california smog tests. It turns out that he had some custom exhausts made from the ford mustang gt ones, which apparently are quieter then what was on it, but still louder then stock. I hope that's enough for my parents, I still want it to have some kick to it. If not ill see if i can find a stock exhaust.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
It had headers, but they took them off so it could pass the california smog tests. It turns out that he had some custom exhausts made from the ford mustang gt ones, which apparently are quieter then what was on it, but still louder then stock. I hope that's enough for my parents, I still want it to have some kick to it. If not ill see if i can find a stock exhaust.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
youll never get "some kick" with stock parts. its either be happy with what you want and let your parents deal with it, since i assume that its your car and youre paying for it, or go back to stock and just drive it around from point A to point B.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hey socaltib where in california are you? I'm near LA and still got my stock exhaust if you want to trade. Also, if you dont want to trade i'll recomend evofusion. NOT the old ones, but the new exhaust. Its very quiet at idle and isnt too loud on the throttle either. Its the tone that i really like. Looks good and gave some good power too!:3_wink:

Heres a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just went and bought my tiburon today(its amazing, and my first car). The owner swapped it out for his custom ford gt mufflers, and it is a lot quieter. Thank you for all the advice everyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts