Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..I need some help to install koni shocks...
I much do i have to cut from the top of the old sturt..
Instruction has two values..but i don't know which one is right for me...
I have 03 GT V6...if anyone knows..please let me know..Thank you~

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
if your slick you can pop off the chrome looking top cap and the inserts will fit perfectly . otherwise cut them as high as you can . i recommend a large pair of copper tubing cutters , it makes it much easier . also make sure you drill a small hole in the bottom of the strut ( the stock one , not the koni ) to relieve pressure and pump the strut to get most of the fluid out . this makes it much less messy . and when you drill that hole out bigger ( for the bolt that holds the koni in ) make sure you put some loctite on the threads so they have no chance of coming out . also one more thing , i had to ream out the hole in the center of the strut top ( the part that the strut "pole" pokes through and the nut tightens to because it was shaped like a D instead of an O and the strut pole didnt go through . its either the front or back struts that you have to do it to , i cant remember but it only takes a second to moddify with a dremel or a drill bit .
pm me if you have any questions . ive done this install on my car once and i plan on doing it again , its not hard just a little time consuming , even still it only took me a few hours .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts