Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I bought my 03 tibby in february 2020. When I got it, the factory radio worked, but had a mind of its own, it would change stations randomly and cut on and off randomly.. then one day, i got no sound at all. I assumed it was the radio because the digits on the radio screen only showed half (example, all but the Tom of the F, one line of the M missing, bottom and 3 lines of the top of a 9, etc..) just never showed a full digit. So assuming it was bad, I removed it. I just bought a brand new kenwood radio for $80 and a wiring harness.. I am new to audio work in cars, but I’m fairly certain I did everything correctly. I’ve heard things about the factory amp being the issue, is there any advice on what I can do to thoroughly check everything before I remove the backseat to get to the amp?? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
no need to remove the seats or anything.
did you buy the Metra connection adapter?
if yes, can you take a picture of the wirings?

I have an 03 with a factory Amp and Infinity audio, and didn't have problem with the Amp,
the only thing I remember that there was a cable I needed to connect in a weird place because I had the Amp.
I will look at my car today and take a picture of my wirings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a simple wiring harness from Walmart, same store I bought the radio from. I will take a picture and post it in a bit. I found my amp. What’s the best way to see if I have power at the factory amp?

·
Registered
336 Posts
the blue/white wire is the Amp remote connection.
this needs to get 12v when the radio is on.
I believe I have mine connected to the "Power Antenna" wire coming from the radio.

·
Registered
336 Posts
check this out, it might help you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts