Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the easiest and cheapest way to go about it? New component speakers and/or tweeters? New headunit? The last headunit I had was amazing when it came to tuning capability. My highs were loud and clear as ****. When it died, I was on a budget, and got some $130 Pioneer headunit to replace it. The tuning is pretty limited with this one, and I can't get my highs up enough to where I can still hear them over the bass when I've got it turned up. If I just turn the volume as a hole up, the highs get really muddy and nasty sounding.

What should I do? :(

·
Registered
533 Posts
Features on the head unit aint gonna do you any good if youre still rockin the stock speakers. Put in a nice component set, man!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got an 1100W amp, sub, and cap. Before I got the sub, my highs were fine. But now, with that extra bass, they're pretty weak. And the headunit has to make a difference with the stock speakers. Like I said, my old headunit was very tuneable, and my highs sounded great, even with the bass turned up. Now that I've got this new headunit, I can't turn the highs up that much, so the bass drowns them out.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
My JVC DVD unit really made a big difference in bringing out the highs in the stock speakers.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
If you can afford them, get some Diamond Audio components d6, d9, or hex series.
I have the basic d3 series and they have tremendous highs that are extremely clear.
yes you do need a little 4channel amp for them,,,but they are amazing.
Especially with that existing 1100 watt amp for your sub, you need something similar in strength to match. The D9, or Hex series would go great with a 400-600watt 4 channel amp.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My D3's ran $492 for 6" components w/tweeters and 6x9's

BTW I'm only running a little 400w sony amp right now to the speakers,,,,,,so if you go higher(to match that sub you got)
you'll be really pleased with the quality.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just installed a set of MB Quart components powered by an Alpine 50w x 2 ch. amp in a '05 SE. Highs are no longer an issue in the Tibby. :3_coool:

I highly recommend the MB Quarts. They don't sound bad off of an aftermarket deck, but running an amp will result in a much cleaner and better sound.

Just my $0.02. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts