Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dilemna:

Put my car back together today, had it running idle seemed a bit high but i thought that was apart of the reflash. No vaccuum leaks.it was -20hg at idle and seemed fine when reving. AFR was perfect. Started driving her around, seemed fine minus the high idle, took her on the highway, made a few pulls, afr was perfect. Started deaccelerating and noticed the idle seemed lumpy and kinda lean. Pulled off the highway, the idle drops down in the 700s and almost stalls out, i basically have to keep reving so it didnt stall, at this time my wideband was completely lean. Basicially limped it back home. Throwing a cel but im waiting for my laptop to finish charging to go check it. Right now its idling sporadically, reving and hanging at times. Also driving it around it almost stalls out when i hit 1800 rpm regardless of what gear. Any ideas? Worst case scenario I blew the block i think, Im gonna do a compression test pending on what cel im throwing.

And i wasnt spraying alky at the time, my afr was 11.2-12 so i wasnt using it at wot and my safc is zeroed out.

My mod list is in my sig below if anyone thinks its something i did with putting it back together.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
well, again this is one of those things that could be a number of things happening be it a bad sensor, wire, o2 sensor, crank sensor, vac. leak, ground, etc etc etc... so post up what you cel is and we can go from there...

oh, and what exactly did you take off/put in? did the blower come off? you know, run it back down... make sure you have everything plugged in where it should etc. Oh, and did you disconnect the battery when doing any of the things you did just now?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
throwing p0507 and p0122

both are related to the throttle...
think i messed up my triflo install....

·
Registered
495 Posts
check the tps

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
did you plug the right plugs into the right sensors? sometimes people switch those two up and it creates funky results.... the plug w/ grey goes to tps, and all black to iac.

the white washer gets thrown out ha ha ha,

check for vac. leaks

is you tps in spec....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dilemna:

Put my car back together today, had it running idle seemed a bit high but i thought that was apart of the reflash. No vaccuum leaks.it was -20hg at idle and seemed fine when reving. AFR was perfect. Started driving her around, seemed fine minus the high idle, took her on the highway, made a few pulls, afr was perfect. Started deaccelerating and noticed the idle seemed lumpy and kinda lean. Pulled off the highway, the idle drops down in the 700s and almost stalls out, i basically have to keep reving so it didnt stall, at this time my wideband was completely lean. Basicially limped it back home. Throwing a cel but im waiting for my laptop to finish charging to go check it. Right now its idling sporadically, reving and hanging at times. Also driving it around it almost stalls out when i hit 1800 rpm regardless of what gear. Any ideas? Worst case scenario I blew the block i think, Im gonna do a compression test pending on what cel im throwing.

And i wasnt spraying alky at the time, my afr was 11.2-12 so i wasnt using it at wot and my safc is zeroed out.

My mod list is in my sig below if anyone thinks its something i did with putting it back together.
im not gonna say i know whats wrong, but when i first built SRI my mass airflow sensor began to malunction, it did the say thing and would litteraly fall on its face every time i would try to accerlate and it woldnt even idle right, sounds familiar to my story i eneded up replacing the maff it ended up being one of the those to metal posts was barely makking a contact and every time it would jerk it would i get worse! if it sounds familar i hope i could help!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you plug the right plugs into the right sensors? sometimes people switch those two up and it creates funky results.... the plug w/ grey goes to tps, and all black to iac.

the white washer gets thrown out ha ha ha,

check for vac. leaks

is you tps in spec....
both sensors are hooked up correctly. black to black grey to grey. gonna go check the specs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's a tad high, but still within specs. If it's not the tps then I would say vac leak. Or the set screw on the triflow. That is the downfall of a lot of people installin the triflow.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im skeptical its a vacuum leak since my vac is righ where it should be at idle and its not fluxuating. Can anyone explain the set screw a little bit better? I had it adjusted to the tps reads normal and the idle is fine, but im still leaning out at 1800 rpms and almost stalling.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
try turning the idle set screw about half a turn counter clockwise see if that helps, it sounds like the same kinda problem i had a few weeks after my triflow install, it was the tps voltage, it was within spec, but the ecu just didnt like it

i think its counterclockwise to lower the voltage, you might wanna just double check, but a half turn should be sufficient to see if its having an effect

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
is ur maf on backwards?

if u had ur TB off do ur wires have enough slack? did you by any chance mess up the TPS?

·
Registered
495 Posts
No! 12345

Reactions: SilverTibbyGT

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Did you install the voltage clamp right that came with the reflash?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I've seen .70-.80 volts DC on my tps at idle, and i just did a LOT of testing a week ago.
hey... .2-.8 volts is .20-.80 volts... that is the same thing, so if you are saying that you have .80 volts at idle, that is within spec.... spec is .2-.8 volts, or .20-.80 volts, or .200, .800 volts... is that what you meant?

im skeptical its a vacuum leak since my vac is righ where it should be at idle and its not fluxuating. Can anyone explain the set screw a little bit better? I had it adjusted to the tps reads normal and the idle is fine, but im still leaning out at 1800 rpms and almost stalling.
well, if your tps is within spec voltage wise, and your throttle plate is physically open too far at idle, the ecu cannot compensate for the extra air at idle (which is usually done by the iac sensor). That is why I would usually turn the idle set screw down to the point that the throttle plate stopped moving more closed, then snapped the throttle shut to see if the throttle plate will stick (common if closed too much). At that point, I would turn the set screw clockwise (open) about 1/8 to 1/4 turn and then make sure it didn't stick snapping it, and check the voltage of the tps... if it is within .2-.8 volts, and doesn't get stuck closed when snapped back, then reset the ecu, and restart the car and drive it a couple times, turning the car off and on like you were running errands etc and see if the problem still persists.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts