Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have the SSA exhaust and i want some headers...If my exhaust is loud right now, i cannot imagine how loud it will be with headers...I can barely hear what girls are saying in my passenger seat while i drive w/ a fat drone...

Silencers can work but those things are hideous...what should i do...sell my exhaust and buy a quieter one? anything else i can do...i really want headers but i dont want to buy a 800 dollar exhaust for the same gains as my SSA

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
sahn said:
ok so i have the SSA exhaust and i want some headers...If my exhaust is loud right now, i cannot imagine how loud it will be with headers...I can barely hear what girls are saying in my passenger seat while i drive w/ a fat drone...

Silencers can work but those things are hideous...what should i do...sell my exhaust and buy a quieter one? anything else i can do...i really want headers but i dont want to buy a 800 dollar exhaust for the same gains as my SSA
any exhaust with headers is gonna be loud, even a relitavly quiet one like my borla is loud with my headers in. your only option really if you want it quiet is the silencers, if you want a ride to see how loud mine is, lmk, but SSA headers with SSA exhaust will be REAL loud

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Get headers with a cat (or add one if it doesn't come with it) and don't get rid of the exhaust resonator.

If that still too loud, think about adding inserts, like MrPhotoman's thread.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Personally I would just stick with the catback and resonator, then spend some money on dynamat. Malogus put on the cc insert and complained of alot of top end power loss. Look at the last page of that thread c-man posted.

·
Registered
647 Posts
if you already didn't have da ssa exhaust.. i would've suggested u to get the greddy sp2.. and also put a hi-flow cat on the headers.. i had a single exhaust setup wit dc headers.. and havin auto.. man.. but at WOT.. i love it!! anyways.. your best options are gettin the hi-flow cat.. and liek bakerking said.. silencers..

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Oh boy... here we go again.....

That exhaust is probably the loudest out there to begin with. You want headers...

Headers + Cat + Silencers.... that's about as quiet as you're gonna get without changing exhausts.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
sahn said:
...I can barely hear what girls are saying in my passenger seat while i drive w/ a fat drone...
what do u need to hear them for anyways? :3_chubby:

·
Registered
34 Posts
just get a resonator, guaranteed quiter, and u dtermine what size/kind to put in depending on how much lower you want to go. plus u need a cat or resonator on to produce some required back pressure.

just slap on a resonator and youre good to go, ask any muffler shop theyll tell you

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
bagpiper said:
And that's a bad thing?
agree... she starts talking about something u dont want to hear just put the gas down a little further :3_nosthum always works

·
Registered
85 Posts
johnny said:
just get a resonator, guaranteed quiter, and u dtermine what size/kind to put in depending on how much lower you want to go. plus u need a cat or resonator on to produce some required back pressure.

just slap on a resonator and youre good to go, ask any muffler shop theyll tell you
easier said than done...the SSA already has a resonator on the catback and it doesnt allow much room for another one, at least not easily.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i've got the ssa headers and cat-back along with a magnaflow cat, dynamat in the hatch under the spare tire, and silencers. I have a very smooth and quieter sound than without the cat/silencers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ViolentB said:
i've got the ssa headers and cat-back along with a magnaflow cat, dynamat in the hatch under the spare tire, and silencers. I have a very smooth and quieter sound than without the cat/silencers.
the SSA silencers make it sound raspy though unless the cat fixed it. Does it sound raspy on yours?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
the SSA silencers make it sound raspy though unless the cat fixed it. Does it sound raspy on yours?
No raspiness at all,,, very low and smooth. Initially I had the ssa without the cat and silencers in. It sounded horrible ! The magnaflow cat made my day and made my car sound sweet,,,I can hear the stereo now lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
05Tib said:
what do u need to hear them for anyways? :3_chubby:

damnit. all i was scrolling through this thread for was to say that.

*shakes fist* :)

but seriously. youre listening? or is the girl youre talkin about readin that as you were writin it :3_bier:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
u can put incert ( mensioned at the top of the page) in the race pipe if u dont want cat...u can always add one more resonator under the car...chery-bomb, which will make it ewen more quite.... with those two it will defenetly not be louder then exaust it self
so for about $100 more you can have it sound good, and still not in need to cut your arm of

1 - 17 of 17 Posts