Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm building a Tiburon into street slepper and a drag car I. A stock block setup for now and I want too Kno how I can get more bang out of my buck tuning it. I haven't choose my turbo configuration yet but idk what direction to go in input would appreciated. This will be my daily driver also

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
How about searching in the FI I4 or FI V6 sections? Read a ton, then ask clarifying questions.....free site, but NOT spoon fed.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just asking I'm not spoon fed Info I was just asking the opinion of people who might Kno more then I have the build set up in either direction just was asking opinions sorry for erking you alittle there I have been reading forum after forum and I just can't see a clear direction was seeing others on hand opinion not something written months ago that's all. Thanks for info though I'll read another one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take that into consideration I choose the Tiburon cause you don't see alot accualy fast ones and I like the body styleing of it too I've built a few cars and driven a friends Tib once and so I said I will build one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what makes it juicer and that much more appealing cause they will go off that thinking then I dustem to build one it will be the only one that I have seen too be lmao

·
Registered
91 Posts
I guess if you just want a drag toy you can always buy a v6 and add a cheap nitrous kit to push it up to maybe 250 hp from 180, not really what I'd call a sleeper but probably the best bang for your buck. (Literal bang too when the engine goes lol)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've read and done much research. It's all about the 4 cyl. The bottom end is super tough. Six cyl are expensive and do not have the volumetric efficiency. I can do 9.8 sec in the 1/8 mile, beating my brother's fuel injected S10 V8 pickup. I got a 2.0L, all stock with a turbo and tuning and bolt on additions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I guess if you just want a drag toy you can always buy a v6 and add a cheap nitrous kit to push it up to maybe 250 hp from 180, not really what I'd call a sleeper but probably the best bang for your buck. (Literal bang too when the engine goes lol)
60 horsepower N2O kit is conservative and with timing retard and proper application will result in long engine life. 150 hp kit will blow it up in time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts