Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if the diameter of the V6 muffler tubing is bigger than the I4. I'm gonna end up boosting my tibby and want it sleeper.

·
Nick-Yes, I have boost!
3,317 Posts
They're both the same except for the flange that connects past the resonator to the secondary CAT is shaped differently on the v6 vs the i4.

If you're going to boost your car, depending on how much hp you're looking at, you should either look into going 2.5" turboback or 3" turboback.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're both the same except for the flange that connects past the resonator to the secondary CAT is shaped differently on the v6 vs the i4.

If you're going to boost your car, depending on how much hp you're looking at, you should either look into going 2.5" turboback or 3" turboback.
Yeah I'm plannning on at least 2.5', just didnt want a loud car out here in cali....im gonna build the tubing from the header to the muffler.. Thank you for posting

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Yeah I'm plannning on at least 2.5', just didnt want a loud car out here in cali....im gonna build the tubing from the header to the muffler.. Thank you for posting
you can probably go 3" at the biggest and still have a nice sound that wont get you in too much trouble in cali.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already took out one of my cats and put a test pipe in.....sounds like a B-series honda crackin v-tech.
3' probably wont make much more noise except when im high^^ in the rpms Thanks for the idears....

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Stock mufflers is the same for I4 and V6. Fl2's have different tips, but the same mufflers.

I would do an aftermarket exhaust. Just be sure to get a cat and a high quality resonator and muffler. Resonators do most of the muffling in my experiences, so a quality one that does its job is important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts