Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fully Bolt on KIT!

it's hard for me to tune this and get it to its potential because of the belt slipping due to my bent lower crank pulley on my engine.. looking to get $2200+$50-75 shipping anywhere in the 48 states...
this will work great for someone who has a straight crank pulley, which is just about everyone, but me....

what you get is a s/c with fully rebuilt internals with quality parts(didn't need to be rebuilt but i went ahead and did it anyways), an added custom molded boost actuator to fit my s/c made by magnuson products ($350 value), idler brackets, one 5-6 psi pulley, two 10 psi pulley(1 steel and 1 aluminum), 1 gator back belt +3 other belts, 474cc injectors, aluminum boost actuator adapter plate, throttle body, with tps sensor, etc....complete!

for extra $300 more i can throw in an FIC with base rich tunes for 5 psi and another rich base tune for 10psi.
(comes with wiring w/ engine bay extension, software, etc)

i spent 2.5 hrs at dyno trying to tune a slipping belt, only made low numbers...
also i have an automatic and the dyno that was used was windyno superflow..
you will make more power with a manual as always, almost 10-15whp extra more and i'm sure even more when you tune it properly.

also for another $400+$30shipping i can throw in a 4-1 wrapped Sharkracing header with 2.5inch down pipe and 2.5
inch magnaflow highcat...this header is the biggest header for the i4! really opens up the flow! sounds exotic too!
just the Cat cost me $100 also to weld flanges. header wrap$30, bung, etc.

Buy it all for a package deal of $2950 for a fully bolt on Supercharger! include aem, i4headers etc, included.

and for another $100 i will throw in my Dell inpiron Laptop, i use for tuning, with several Maps, etc..

Pics of my setup:

here is a vid, back then when it was tuned by me using a wideband( without the sharkracing headers)
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/markstibbyspot/?action=view&current=050.flv

here it is after the dyno session, seriously lost like 5x the power because the tune was incorrect...haha
here it is at 5psi lost of power...
if you take it to a better dyno shop you will make more power.
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/markstibbyspot/?action=view&current=037.flv

i'll post more pics and vids up later tonight after i comeback...
i leaned some stuff up earlier and the car is starting to pull hard again...

Update: here are more vids from tonight, still uploading some, i manage to lean it up a bit more, -2% across the board, it pulls better, but not as much as i want...i believe it needs to be pulled -15-20% more, but i don't have a wideband to do that.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/markstibbyspot/?action=view&current=044.flv
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/markstibbyspot/?action=view&current=045-1.flv
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/markstibbyspot/?action=view&current=046-1.flv

more vids to come!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do you have any pictures? Hom many miles are on the super charger? Who made it?? and what year is your car??
i'll post pics soon, Alpine made the kit as a prototype( dave was the person who made it)
idk how many exact miles its got on right now, but i fully rebuilt it before putting it on my car and hadn't put, but 6-10k on it....
my car is 2003 map based.

BTW: here is what i am having problems with, something is eating the inside of the timing sprocket, causing it to misaligned and wobbling the crankpulley, i've checked, but i can't figure it out.
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166352

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Only 168whp on 10 psi? Is that correct?
yea you tell me...lol....
due to my wobbly crank pulley, the belt slips, therefore it will boost, then go back down, then boost, back down, etc....
my boost were some what consistent, but my a/f were everywhere...i would adjust 2-3 percent and it would either be too lean or rich...idk man maybe their wideband was reading wrong, because when i had a wideband, it would take 10 percent before my a/f would even change .01
also their rpm weren't reading right it said i was at 8k, when i was only at 3.7k ...
the car is running super rich....i told the guys at the dyno that doesn't seem right, but they are the pros.

during the last pulls, i decided to look at my laptop(aem) and crossed reference the a/f based on the dyno...i seen i was running rich on 3500 rpm and the guy told me, i was only running rich at 55-65rpm..:einstein:
it was a complete screw up at the dyno....i should have stuck to my wideband and tune it myself.
the guy i initially talked to who seemed to know alot and who was tuning the cars wasn't there....his co-workers were the ones that tuned my ride...:3_smilies
i finally gave up after 2.5 hrs...
anyways they did the best they could and got my car to 168whp @10psi WHOOT...hahaha...to be honest i think its around 178 WHP because this dyno they were using are used by diesels trucks, muscle cars, and some american racing cars.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh man so tempting! maybe ill see what the bank can give me...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
you dang right i'll be going turbo! haha...its my only option, my dag-on bent crank pulley Sucks! i've done every possible thing to it. if it will straighten itself out i wouldn't have a problem.
going to take some more vids and going to try to lean more maps out.
BRB..
and thanks matt i'll still be going F/I, but something not belt driven..lol
unless i get a new engine.

BTW: anyone can contact me at my email with any question about this...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I may be missing something, but why would your car run well with any setup if you have this problem? Why would you have a "wobbly" crank pulley? Is the pulley part of the kit and defective, or is it part of your car that needs to be repaired.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
something in the crank is putting a grove on my inner timing sprocket, that is causing my belt to miss align and slip because the crank pully wobbles. (it's not sitting flat) sometimes it gets so bad my belt pops off.
i did a timing job a while ago and didn't torque it right, it got loose and that;s when i began to have a wobbly crank, you can definitely see the belt swinging.
it doesn't slip as bad with shorter belts, but when i move to smaller pulley, it slips bad...
it kinda sucks because the previous owners never had slipping problems...just me..

a turbo is none belt driven so i should be ok!
i'll mess with the crank pulley some other time, right now i'm just to the point of pissed, cause i've put so much time, money, effort into this and only thing stopping it is the crank.
i've replaced, my crank pulley, sprocket, nuts, etc...still no luck.
and i get frustrated of having to remove everything to get to the lower crank, it's like doing a timing belt job 6 times...lol

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I may be missing something, but why would your car run well with any setup if you have this problem? Why would you have a "wobbly" crank pulley? Is the pulley part of the kit and defective, or is it part of your car that needs to be repaired.
No the defective part is not part of the kit...
it's in part with my engine.. i guess i'm just not meant to have a super charger..

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
updated the first post!.......
Also note that the kit is still on my car and probably will be until i sell it...
still having fun with it at low boost.

·
Registered
164 Posts
if that is the mp45 blower i'll buy the 10 psi pulley asap is it aluminum or steel?
and do u know the size in mm wana make sur its not the same like on my setup

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no this is the m62 blower...the size of the pulleys are 2.75
i have 1 steel pulley and 1 aluminum...
the bore on them are .6inch?!? so might want to check that.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I PM'd you, or atleast tried last night (the forums were in and out) so check your PM's and let me know if you got it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts