Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm taking a member's suggestion here.

Let's get a new support item going.

Invest $15 dollars into my R&D program, be entered to win a set of Pauter Rods for either V6 or i4 Tiburon. I'd like at least 100 contributors for this.

Invest $15 into my R&D program, be entered to win a set of CP or RIPP Pistons (depending on whether a v6 or i4 guy wins). I'd like at least 75 contributors for this.

Invest $10 into my R&D program, be entered to win an oil pump and a set of Toga Performance bearings for your application. I'd like at least 50 contributions to make this happen.

Invest $5 into my R&D program and be entered to win a RIPP Front Polyurethane Motor Mount insert and a RIPP oil catch can. I'd like at least 40 contributors for this.

You may make up to 2 contributions toward the same R&D item. Contributing the amount specified on an item does not qualify you for a raffle spot on any lower tier item. If you wish to be qualified for more than one raffle you must contribute the amount specified for any item on which you wish to enter.

Keep in mind that if you win the raffle for the pistons or rods that a 6-8 week lead time will follow, but you will receive your item.

I will only run raffles if the minimum contributing member number is met. However, if we meet the minimum number on one or more and not all of the others the item that the quota is met on i will still run the contest for.

Does this work better for everyone? I think these amounts are much more reasonable than the others... we just require more entrants on most of them.

Any questions? If not, let's start getting names!

Tom C.
Boostology.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
count me in for one of each tom. :) thats still less than 75 :) actually ill take 2 spots on the pistons

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
What the heck? How much R/D money are you trying to squeeze outta this forum?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05GT said:
What the heck? How much R/D money are you trying to squeeze outta this forum?
Lol i closed the other win an engine thread man. All of those guys should be looking here now i guess. Trying to make it a little easier for someone to win something cool for less money.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
ok man u know i have talked to u online and such but i gotta say this.......

enron,worldcom, etc etc..... when i saw this thread they came to mind. not sayin your going to do it, but, we have seen it time and time again on these boards people giving money then products never getting made or people disappearing. let's use flyryde's most recent example.... took money for headers, spent it, now they cant refund the money or quote "it would put flyryde under." you are asking a lot of people. you got balls... that may be good or may be bad. all i know is the two companies that make up boostology..... one shut down and the other gave up on the sds for the tiburon. just stating facts. i honestly dont know what to think.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
he does have a point

·
Registered
85 Posts
this is a little different though. At least in the form of a raffle so its not like everyone is giving 300 bucks for something and expecting something back in return and not getting it. One person will hopefully get something in this case and the cost for everyone is a lot lower which is probably why he's doing it this way.

While i agree that past experiences tend to make us wary to do things like this again, shutting everyone down and not being willing to take a chance on anyone new will result in less choice in products and higher prices from those who have cornered the market.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
strozak said:
While i agree that past experiences tend to make us wary to do things like this again, shutting everyone down and not being willing to take a chance on anyone new will result in less choice in products and higher prices from those who have cornered the market.
yea, but, the problem is we are not shutting anything down. nothing is stopping a company from fronting the cash and developing a new product that will sell and make money. trying to say that no new products will come out b/c the end user wont front R&D money is kinda backwards if you ask me. this is basically getting money and spreading the loss around if a product failes plain and simple. the end user is taking the risk, not the company. by your logic, nothing would ever get developed b/c people who want a new product dont pay R&D for new products they want.

·
Registered
85 Posts
bms231 said:
yea, but, the problem is we are not shutting anything down. nothing is stopping a company from fronting the cash and developing a new product that will sell and make money. trying to say that no new products will come out b/c the end user wont front R&D money is kinda backwards if you ask me. this is basically getting money and spreading the loss around if a product failes plain and simple. the end user is taking the risk, not the company. by your logic, nothing would ever get developed b/c people who want a new product dont pay R&D for new products they want.
maybe i should have been more specific, sorry bms. Compared to the honda civic or other cars that there are a zillion things out there for, we dont have a huge footprint in the performance world from what i've seen so companies developing products for us have a higher risk of not turning a profit due to lack of sales.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
strozak said:
maybe i should have been more specific, sorry bms. Compared to the honda civic or other cars that there are a zillion things out there for, we dont have a huge footprint in the performance world from what i've seen so companies developing products for us have a higher risk of not turning a profit due to lack of sales.

true... but that is b/c for every 1 tiburon on the road there are 50 civics so that plays a huge role in cars companies decide to make parts for

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
zeenon53 said:
What exactly are we R&D'ing here anyways, the rods and pistons are already made.
New options, maybe? If I had to guess (which I obviously do at this point), I would say the additional monies made from these raffles will be used to R&D new products... find existing ones that have yet to be unavailable to us whatsoever... and modify existing ones to reach their fullest potential.

It's simple arithmetic (for anyone that wants to do it). With 100 people paying $15 into the raffle for the rods (which is going to be hard to come by on the boards, as not that many people looking to upgrade internals to that level IMO)... that's $1500. But someone gets a set of $1150 rods for $15! Great (and unique, to say the least) idea.

So after the cost of the set of rods, approximately $450 will be left, which will go towards R&D (RESEARCH & development) of other products. Of course we do already have a set of factory fit rods and pistons, but we now have the quite appealing option of a set of factory fit, high-performance bearings and a new hi-flow oil pump. Has anyone ever heard of these particular items, let alone sold them as of yet? Well someone had to take time to "research" and provide those, didn't they?

So did itcost money on phone calls to find these products Probably. Is there a minimum order buy-in to be able to offer those products to the NT.com members in the first place? Quite possibly. That all accounts as R&D, guys! Regardless of whether or not they are existing products... bringing them to the Tiburon community at a reasonable price takes both time AND money (both of which I am ALL for in every sense of the word).

Just my 2 cents. :2_wink:

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
dzignr_tastz said:
New options, maybe? If I had to guess (which I obviously do at this point), I would say the additional monies made from these raffles will be used to R&D new products... find existing ones that have yet to be unavailable to us whatsoever... and modify existing ones to reach their fullest potential.

It's simple arithmetic (for anyone that wants to do it). With 100 people paying $15 into the raffle for the rods (which is going to be hard to come by on the boards, as not that many people looking to upgrade internals to that level IMO)... that's $1500. But someone gets a set of $1150 rods for $15! Great (and unique, to say the least) idea.

So after the cost of the set of rods, approximately $450 will be left, which will go towards R&D (RESEARCH & development) of other products. Of course we do already have a set of factory fit rods and pistons, but we now have the quite appealing option of a set of factory fit, high-performance bearings and a new hi-flow oil pump. Has anyone ever heard of these particular items, let alone sold them as of yet? Well someone had to take time to "research" and provide those, didn't they?

So did itcost money on phone calls to find these products Probably. Is there a minimum order buy-in to be able to offer those products to the NT.com members in the first place? Quite possibly. That all accounts as R&D, guys! Regardless of whether or not they are existing products... bringing them to the Tiburon community at a reasonable price takes both time AND money (both of which I am ALL for in every sense of the word).

Just my 2 cents. :2_wink:
Are you a used car salesman.....lol :3_bier:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yes, yes he is...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm in for atleast 2 spots.

bump this thread for more support!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a considerably higher amount of support in the win a built shortblock thread... how come those guys aren't posting in here? This goes for i4 AND v6 guys as well fellas... i hope you all realize that...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts