Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. So I'm wondering, are they worth it? What do they exactly do and is it a big difference? Are there any warnings or advice I need to know like change the way I drive or anything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Eliminates rev hang for sure. I just put one in a month ago and its nice, can definitely feel the difference. I will add that its cold out and so at first start the car does briefly struggle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eliminates rev hang for sure. I just put one in a month ago and its nice, can definitely feel the difference. I will add that its cold out and so at first start the car does briefly struggle.
Did you completely block off the iac valve? I've heard of some where there's a tiny hole in the plate to use the iac valve only a little

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cut a soda can to the size of your iac valve, line it up centered and tap 2 holes roughly the size of a pea centered in each round opening on the body of the IAC, put the can in between like a gasket and bolt it back. Homeade iac restrictor

·
Registered
176 Posts
Brandon Dubose on the Tiburon pages on Facebook sells IAC restrictor plates.
Best $20 mod for sure.

-Makes the rpms drop faster when shifting = crisper shifts and not so spongey.
-makes the exhaust pop (especially around 3000-4000rpm)
-makes the Cold Air Intake noise alot louder
-faster acceleration and better throttle response from like 0-10mph. But doesn't increase hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts