Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is guys... be gentle (yes I have the fogs and yes I have the wheel spacers :3_got-hoo)

Attachments

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
looks sick that wing or rear lip w.e u wanna call it is fugly tho

edit: tails need to be tinted

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
looks good! but i would shade those tails and go spoilerless

and put those spacers on!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Kind of hard to do it all when I am stuck in Afghanistan. As far as going "spoilerless"... not a fan (maybe I will put the stock highrise back on and have it painted black). I dont think you tint chrome tail lights... kinda defeats the point. Thank you for the kind words though.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea thats true and your headlights are chrome so they match

·
Registered
422 Posts
looks sweet i think u need bigger rims tho plus the spacers im thinkin 19;s??

·
Registered
219 Posts
I donno man maybe its just me, but yours looks really different from mine :S maybe its the color combo. Car's looking nice though, the guys did a good job with it. Donno if Its been asked, but how much did it end up costing you? Did the guys recreate the horizontal seam on both sides of the front fenders? We had to do that because the front flare covered the line, and it just looked like it dissipated and then reappeared at the end of the flare.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Love the wing. Keep it.
He's joking rite? riteee??!?!

Ohh and man I just saw the inside wheel well, they left the lip. When you bring the tires out with spacers the tires will rub against that lip every time you go over a bump, and it will eventually end up shredding your tires. If you're running stock socks and springs on your ride then get your body shop to get rid of that inside lip!

I'm editing this thing like twice lol, anyways I don't want you to get fudged over as your kit is molded. I would suggest getting stiffer springs and shocks, or going all out with a set of coilovers.... I chose to go with springs and shocks (for now) + cutting off a bit of the inside lip so I could bring the tires out and not have them rub. What will happen is it'll cause an upward force at the top of the fender arc, which will cause the kit to fracture at the seams.

·
Registered
326 Posts
def tint them windows too. im surprised no one mentioned it. that will def complete the 2 tone look

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
love the kit and that color scheme but yea the wing kills it with its razzi-ness. its too funky for that kit. i say wingless and two tone the rear bumper flat or gloss black, smoked black tails and ur set.. would be much much classier.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
looks sweet i think u need bigger rims tho plus the spacers im thinkin 19;s??
Bigger wheels? They aren't the stock 17' they are 18x8.5 When I drop it bigger tires would destroy the fenders. Thanks for the advice though. :3_winkthu

I donno man maybe its just me, but yours looks really different from mine :S maybe its the color combo. Car's looking nice though, the guys did a good job with it. Donno if Its been asked, but how much did it end up costing you? Did the guys recreate the horizontal seam on both sides of the front fenders? We had to do that because the front flare covered the line, and it just looked like it dissipated and then reappeared at the end of the flare.
The guys did have to re work the front fenders (Ibherdesign needs to advertise that little tidbit of info). As far as looking different, I would say it is the painnt job man. I think you are wingless too. I have the pics on my profile page (waiting for moderator approaval) of the invoices and the shop pics and such. Thank you for the kind words though. Finally the final price tag breaks down as follows:
Hood: $725 (NGM)
Body Kit: $3520 (shipping was $220 but the customs hold killed me)
Wheels: $1100 (Wheels Salon)
Tires: $800 (Local guy on the island)
Headlights: $320 (Shark racing chromies)
Paint and body: $4000 (Automotive Innovations, Pearl City, HI)
Spoiler: (which is coming off for my stock hi rise) $400 (Nopi.com)
Grand total: $10,140 :3_bier:

love the kit and that color scheme but yea the wing kills it with its razzi-ness. its too funky for that kit. i say wingless and two tone the rear bumper flat or gloss black, smoked black tails and ur set.. would be much much classier.
Sorry man i am not a big fan of wingless tibs. Also I don't think you should tint chrome tail lights. It kind of defeats the point and they match the headlights. :3_winkthu

I REALLY appreciate all the input too guys. And especially to Vagaa, I will do the cutting of the inside lip as well as coils man. Thanks again.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow 10 gs, i would have done peformance man lol
Solidandre... LOL I am deployed and getting tax free hazardous duty pay, so for the next year I pay zero taxes. This is only stage one of the project man :3_devil: (my wife doesnt know that yet but hey, its what husbands do LOL)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Forgot all about this thread so I added newer pics.

Attachments

·
Moonlighting Master
5,757 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of bodykits, but this one does the car justice. Great color choice...the overall look of the car flows well. I don't want to take away from what you've done at all because I'm sure you've spent lots of time and money (obviously) to make the car look as it does now...and you've done a great job...I just have a few ideas that may enhance the looks even more. Remember, these are only suggestions: Paint the hood's grill insert black, upgrade the stock grill (black mesh/black billet), if you keep the chrome GK headlights get chrome blinker bulbs or dual color change, and wheels...I know you've installed spacers, but your wheels have too much positive offset making spacers almost usless in your case because of the fender flares. When you can invest in wheels, get them WIDE with ALOT of NEGATIVE offset. This will give you a nice, deep dish while pushing your wheels toward the outside of the car for flush fitment. Other than that, I like the direction in which you're heading with the car. Keep up the good work! :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not usually a fan of bodykits, but this one does the car justice. Great color choice...the overall look of the car flows well. I don't want to take away from what you've done at all because I'm sure you've spent lots of time and money (obviously) to make the car look as it does now...and you've done a great job...I just have a few ideas that may enhance the looks even more. Remember, these are only suggestions: Paint the hood's grill insert black, upgrade the stock grill (black mesh/black billet), if you keep the chrome GK headlights get chrome blinker bulbs or dual color change, and wheels...I know you've installed spacers, but your wheels have too much positive offset making spacers almost usless in your case because of the fender flares. When you can invest in wheels, get them WIDE with ALOT of NEGATIVE offset. This will give you a nice, deep dish while pushing your wheels toward the outside of the car for flush fitment. Other than that, I like the direction in which you're heading with the car. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. The wheel spacers are not installed yet :3_bier:
The stock grill...that is coming off (good call)
The wheels will have to stay for a little bit as I spent 1200 on them so I don't think I am getting rid of them without a buyer. But I am interested in the "negative" offset. I am wheel illiterate so do you have any suggestions?

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Some generous wheel spacers will take care of that. I like the two-tone most at the rear fender when it follows the curve. Nice job. IMO, those taillights gotta go. No chrome, no alteeza. Tint them so they don't distract from the rest of the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.