Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how often you need to refill the icebox to keep it working thinking of possibly switching to that instead of my air to air intercooler

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
When the ice melts...

I mean, if you want to make it work to its max potential.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
anyone know how often you need to refill the icebox to keep it working thinking of possibly switching to that instead of my air to air intercooler
Hello,

The term Icebox is a general term we use for our water to air setup. It doesnt mean that you have to use ice in it to work. The setup with water alone is extremely efficient. So, you dont have to keep refilling anything. Just fill it up with water one time and thats it, drive all you want. Now, if you want extremely dense, cool air temps for track use or dyno use, then the addition of a bag of ice is an incredible HP and TQ increase.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i've also been thinking of this

it would be way efficient

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I drove my car 109 miles two days ago air temp was aroud 60deg. When I got to where I was going I popped the hood to show some frens the car and the intake was cool to the touch with nothing but water in the Ice Box.. Just wanted to add a bit of info in regards to the efficiency of the Ice Box..

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
I added DEI's Chill Charger to mine... and same thing, no matter how hard I run it, the IceBox is always cool to the touch. I'm only running 4.5 psi on my Sniper though. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts