Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
dunno but now theres a full force of police going down on street races aka cars that are modified. So many opps now on 401 lately :( means cant go 120 lol )

·
Registered
3,704 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Um....I have a yellow tib....but it wasn't me. I'm black ;) and I have a spoiler....and I have a personalized license plate.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seriously, some people just never learn. all the publicity lately on the 400, cops are all over it, and people are still stupid like this. don't people watch the news anymore? geez. if someone told you outright a gun is loaded, would you still point it at yourself and pull the trigger? I know it's an extreme analogy, but still.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Living out in the niagara area we havent seen any increase in cops along the QEW, but it seems you guys have it the worst haha.
I didn't read that article buyt from what i've gathered.....people need to slow down on main roads.....come out my way in the back roads and you can giver on the roads all night....smooth roads too.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ya really if you wanna let it rip take it to a track man.....I personally have seen the increase in cops big time on the 401 east there never used to be one on my daily trips back and forth from home to work and back now I see at least 2 opp on either side of the 401 along the way. and almost always they have at least 1 car pulled over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Since this fool got himself on the cover of the Toronto Sun; anybody in the GTA area feel that they are getting the stare from a police cruiser if you pass them by?

Since last week, my drive home from work or around town on the weekend, I've passed by two separate cruisers from two different days that literally stopped on traffic just to get a view or opportunity to get me if I speed or something or maybe they just wanna take a look (from the same lanes OR even "opposite lanes").

Since this event, my bro works in a camp and while leaving after work; a police officer stood in front of the entrance with a pen and a notepad as cars exit. Now, while cars in front of him made exits (mostly SUVs and Sedans), as my bro approaches in his 2nd Gen Tib; the officer looked at his license plates and wrote something down while other cars in front of him had no written movements.

Personally I do find that "some" officers are being biased towards 2-door coupes ever since this "stop street racing campaign" started or maybe I'm just over-reacted. And of course, I do noticed that more non 2-door vehicles are speeding or driving more aggressively thinking that they are not the problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really don't think it is that bad.

I drive from Guelph to Queensway in Toronto 5 days a week. A good hour drive consisting of the 401, 427 and Gardiner. Not to mention I'm downtown Toronto everyday for live to airs for our radio station.

I havent had a problem yet. Thank God!
I mean i get looks downtown but nothing more AND my car isn't stock. .
In fact I went through a ride program the other day and the cop complimented my car and was asking me questions about it becasue he was thinking of buying one.

I think as long as your driving respectfully and not being a dink, you have nothnig to worry about:3_chubby:

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
That fat bastard was probably trying to make the all-you-can-eat buffet.

Cut the fatty some slack. How fast can he really go?

I hope he gets the max.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.