Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious does All Tiburon have immobiliser?

I just bought a Tiburon 2004 2.0L and there is not immobiliser light on the dash . I just start the car and drive .

so in future if I change the BCM do I have to worry about reprogramming the key

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
No not all had them, and I'm not sure there's a dedicated dash light for that. Even if it has one I think you can still just start the car and drive if you have the right key and fob.

For example, here in the USA we don't have them, but up in Canada they do. If you do have it and you need/want to change the BCM and/or ECM you need to change both along with the matching keyfobs or find someone that can reprogram the fobs to the new BCM/ECM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not all had them, and I'm not sure there's a dedicated dash light for that. Even if it has one I think you can still just start the car and drive if you have the right key and fob.

For example, here in the USA we don't have them, but up in Canada they do. If you do have it and you need/want to change the BCM and/or ECM you need to change both along with the matching keyfobs or find someone that can reprogram the fobs to the new BCM/ECM.
I do not have a key fob I only have a key.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Ok, and again I'm not 100% sure if the immobilizer engages from a fob or recognizes a different type of encoded key.

@chase206 can give you more info I'm sure. He's the resident expert on all things ECM/BCM and has worked with some of the immobilizer ones before.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,093 Posts
I answered his question in the FB groups already, but for visibility here was our dialog:

chase206 said:
Not all Tiburons have immobilizers. Mainly US spec Tiburons are manufactured without immobilizers. The IMMO light will illuminate if your key transponder isn't communicating with the ignition cylinder or the ECU isn't programmed as an IMMO ECU. To test for certain whether you have an IMMO BCM and ECU is to cut a new generic key at your locksmith and try to start the car. If it starts without a key with transponder then you do not have an immobilizer and you will need a non-IMMO BCM.
Anti hero said:
so IMMO light won’t even illuminate for a sec when u switch on the ignition like the air bag and oil pressure light and is there a way to by pass immobiliser?
chase206 said:
I don't know for sure if the IMMO light will illuminate for a moment before starting. You need to test starting the car with a non IMMO transponder key to know for sure.
There is no known way to bypass the immobilizer. I'm sure there is a way to bypass it with some clever wiring but I don't have those details. A proven method to delete the IMMO is to swap BCM and ECU with a known non-IMMO car to disable it.

Reactions: Anti hero
1 - 5 of 5 Posts