Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a lot of soul searching it saddens me to tell all of you that after running Norcal Hyundais for the last three years I have decided to step down and no longer run the club. This is something that I have been contemplating for awhile now.

February would mark the fourth year for our Norcal Hyundai club which we have always held at Dave & Busters in Milpitas. I had intended to still arrange this but have since decided not to. If the members want to go ahead and set this up anyway yourselves, you are more than welcome to.

I had informed Reuel before I had made my decision… that I was taking some time off and if he could set up the next few months meets but I am not sure if he wants to take that on or not. I don't have a replacement to take over the club so I am leaving the future of the club up to all of you. All I ask is that you "DO NOT" make it a racing club or a Tiburon "only" club, but to keep as it is….a family orientated and ALL Hyundai club as it has always been. As for the Norcal Hyundai Myspace page, I will keep it up for now.

If anybody wants to set up any meets feel free to do so and PLEASE post them in the Southwest sections of all of the Hyundai forums that you all are members of. I will not release anybody's email out unless you give me the ok to do so, so please check with the forums for any event a member might have posted.

I want to thank all of you for being a part of Norcal Hyundais and these last three years have been the most enjoyable and rewarding times for Frank and myself. We have met a lot of fantastic people and have made a lot of new friends who we will continue to stay friends with even outside of the club. I also want to thank Andy for supporting us for as long as he has and for also being such a good friend. We will stay in touch
:)

Thank You Everyone!

Frank & Kat

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry kat that i was not able to make some of the meets. Although the attendance died down, the meets that were put together before was awesome. I had enjoyed all the meets i have attended and it was great meeting everyone.

you have made it a great experience for the hyundai owners, i would say probally better than other clubs. we were able to have people that helped out the hyundai community to attend the meets, which was also great.

i just want to thank you for you time and you have did alot for our community.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
you have made it a great experience for the hyundai owners, i would say probally better than other clubs. we were able to have people that helped out the hyundai community to attend the meets, which was also great.

i just want to thank you for you time and you have did alot for our community.

+++++++++ 1

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)...I've had a slew of emails to respond to all of a sudden lol!

I think that everyone needs to get together and plan the D&B meet, and I strongly suggest every single member out there attends so you can all discuss the future of the club. I had some concerns from Patrick about what will happen to him and the other Accent owners and I'm sure the same goes for the Sonata & Elantra people. If you can't get anyone to take it over then I suggest you all run it as a group that way everyone will still have somewhere to go.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Thanks guys :)...I've had a slew of emails to respond to all of a sudden lol!

I think that everyone needs to get together and plan the D&B meet, and I strongly suggest every single member out there attends so you can all discuss the future of the club. I had some concerns from Patrick about what will happen to him and the other Accent owners and I'm sure the same goes for the Sonata & Elantra people. If you can't get anyone to take it over then I suggest you all run it as a group that way everyone will still have somewhere to go.
Kat, there's no problem keeping everyone in the loop and I'll make sure we don't exclude the other Hyundai's, but they also need to make the effort to keep in contact.

It won't be the same without you and you know you'll be missed. Therefore, we'll have to use your house still for the Mod Days. LOL

·
Registered
574 Posts
I hate to see you step down (as stated in my email) but I thank you in helping me feel welcomed and sincerely hope to see you at future meets (?).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Trust me Kat, I know where you are coming from. I have a lot of respect for you and Frank. I think its pretty amazine that you guys hung in there for as long as you did. Anyways, thanks for all your hard work and effort over the years. Hope to still catch you guys at the meets and what not. Thanks agian for the good times!

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Ummm, Kat, you still need to participate in the car shows. If Peter ever places first, we'll never hear the end of it and his head will explode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts