Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This damn thing is a ***** to get off huh!!!

After about an hour of pulling and prying and yanking and cussing I got the damn thing off...

One thing I guess I was expecting something a little more OEM looking but to me it looks a little cheep.. Ill post pics later but could some one post a pic of there’s as the one that I have it looks like the horizontal black lines are a bit thin.... or maybe that’s just how they look in RL....

I bought it off eBay seems I can’t find some one who sells them here...

·
Registered
733 Posts
This damn thing is a ***** to get off huh!!!

After about an hour of pulling and prying and yanking and cussing I got the damn thing off...

One thing I guess I was expecting something a little more OEM looking but to me it looks a little cheep.. Ill post pics later but could some one post a pic of there’s as the one that I have it looks like the horizontal black lines are a bit thin.... or maybe that’s just how they look in RL....

I bought it off eBay seems I can’t find some one who sells them here...
Same thing here. I got mine off of ebay from someone in canada. Couldn't possibly be more cheap looking. As for just placing it over the "h", i thought it would look better to pull it out. Twenty minutes later and a trip to the gas station for superglue, it is on. I will wait and save for a metal one.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Or you could be careful and cut out a hole big enough to pull the metal plate through and then put the other one on -

·
Registered
469 Posts
Removing the steering wheel isn't that hard.

- Disconnect your battery (Most important step!)
- Loosen the 2 screws on the back of your steering wheel.
- Remove the module
- Disconnect the wires
- Loosen the 4 nuts on the back of the inflator (Not really needed, but helpfull)
- Pop-off the metal parts from the plastic
- Take the entire module out.
- Now, with some tools, destroy the 2 weak-metal "glue-like" substance that are stuck on the little metal part. (These hold the logo down).

If you have done this right, the logo will fall off, not damaged at all.

NOTE: I did this with a blown airbag, so be carefull in doing this, I have no idea what it takes for the airbag to go off. And the last thing you want is a steering wheel in your face ;)

Grtz

·
Registered
472 Posts
^^ unplug the airbag fuse.

and yeah a metal projectile in front of an airbag sounds liek a terrible idea to me. the most i'm willing to risk is an acyllic logo

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
^^ unplug the airbag fuse.

and yeah a metal projectile in front of an airbag sounds liek a terrible idea to me. the most i'm willing to risk is an acyllic logo
ROTFLMAO .... :m_lol: :m_eyeup:

Your kidding right ...... The emblem is on the rubber part of the air bag, which peels away and goes the opposite direction, if there was a worry about that they would have never put the OEM emblem there as well ....

LMAO hey then if that happened you could have a nice branded "T" on your forehead .... ""REPRESENT""

LOL

·
Registered
201 Posts
Kidding, what attaches the H on the front to the steering wheel piece so it does not fly off? The metal piece in front of the airbag on the inside. I have not see where the piece would not fly off if its in there and not attached!

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
ROTFLMAO .... :m_lol: :m_eyeup:

Your kidding right ...... The emblem is on the rubber part of the air bag, which peels away and goes the opposite direction, if there was a worry about that they would have never put the OEM emblem there as well ....

LMAO hey then if that happened you could have a nice branded "T" on your forehead .... ""REPRESENT""

LOL
You are talking apples and oranges here - the factory emblem is attached to the material with rivets, and it stays on the rubber during the airbag deployment, the aftermarket ones ( including the one I make) are stuck on with tape, sticky, or glue, and will not stay attached during deployment.. I don't care what you glue them on with... The acyrlic ones, and the sticker gel ones, are not going to hurt you any more that any other part of the airbag hitting you, but if they end up in an eye socket.. it could be a problem..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You are talking apples and oranges here - the factory emblem is attached to the material with rivets, and it stays on the rubber during the airbag deployment, the aftermarket ones ( including the one I make) are stuck on with tape, sticky, or glue, and will not stay attached during deployment.. I don't care what you glue them on with... The acyrlic ones, and the sticker gel ones, are not going to hurt you any more that any other part of the airbag hitting you, but if they end up in an eye socket.. it could be a problem..
LOL ... Yeah I can see your point and I didn't want to get into an explanation here, but it is simple physics to be honest. The Air bag is encased in the rubber, with splits on the inside, as the air bagexpands pushing from the inside out, the rubber pieces have to flip out, as towards the windshield and the floor. Even though the metal emblems are not attached to the rubberthere is no way for them to come between the airbag and your face. If they came off they would hit the windshield most likely.

BTW of Topic, I absolutly of your products UnHoly .. I will definetlly be at your site in the next month getting ready for the show season.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Its not apples and oranges, we all know the H is on the front of the wheel held on with 2 rivets right? Remove the H and what is left INSIDE the wheel, the metal plate and floaty rivets? So your telling us that this has no bearing on airbag deployment and will not HIT you in the face? (remember rivets are now not holding that on - I fail to see how the inside metal part is not going to fly at you since its not held on. - back on topic

The video was sweet however!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.