Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tib has CAI, headers, exhaust, stage IV manifolds, lightweight pulleys and a lightweight flywheel.

Stock cams and stock TB.

I want to increase the torque from 2K-4500 rpms - primarily in 1-2 gear.

Would a regrind noticeably improve the torque level? Are there other alternatives that would help the torque level in this range?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
My tib has CAI, headers, exhaust, stage IV manifolds, lightweight pulleys and a lightweight flywheel.

Stock cams and stock TB.

I want to increase the torque from 2K-4500 rpms - primarily in 1-2 gear.

Would a regrind noticeably improve the torque level? Are there other alternatives that would help the torque level in this range?

I don't think big cams will help much in that rpm range. You're looking to either increase torque or lower your current peak torque rpms. You can lower your torque rpms by advancing your cams a bit. You can increase your compression ratio. You can increase your theoretical engine size thru boost (or nitrous). Change your effective final drive gear ratio with shorter tires or put your Tib on a diet which will help.

If I was to vote on one, I'd say turbo system with small A/R turbine and minimal cold tubing volume. (big surprise there!) Maybe opt for no FMIC at all. The .63 A/R turbine turbo I last dyno'd made way more torque than the stock front tires could handle by 4500rpms. Really no need for more torque than one can put on the ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts