Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought an 04 2.0L base tib and she’s been running great for about 6 months. I’ve put some work into her got her new cv axels, breaks, speed sensors, sparks and wires, gaskets, front end work, etc. she’s at a pretty good spot but still has some issues. I’m getting sick of the 130 hp tho, what’s some ways I can add hp for a decent price since she still needs work. I already have a cold air intake. If you could leave links for products that would help. Also if your recommending anything exhaust related I want a louder car but I also have a 9-5 office job so I can’t be pulling up shaking the windows everyday.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,445 Posts
Sorry bud you are 10.years too late to the game. The aftermarket has dried up and with recent regulation on performance parts in the US it's only going to get worse.

If you can find headers and a free flowing catback to go with your CAI that's good for around 15WHP. Not much else you can do.

· Registered
281 Posts
Sorry bud you are 10.years too late to the game. The aftermarket has dried up and with recent regulation on performance parts in the US it's only going to get worse.

If you can find headers and a free flowing catback to go with your CAI that's good for around 15WHP. Not much else you can do.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 2.0 more stable to sc or turbo due to it being cast and not aluminum?

I was over here always thinking the 2.0 had more possibilities, plus since it takes such a small amount of space any mods you do are 2x easier being that you can fit a whole arm in all the way around lol

· Registered
281 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 2.0 more stable to sc or turbo due to it being cast and not aluminum?

I was over here always thinking the 2.0 had more possibilities, plus since it takes such a small amount of space any mods you do are 2x easier being that you can fit a whole arm in all the way around lol
Let me rephrase that. Easier as is easier to work with space and stronger internals.

Plus there just seems to be a lot more 4 banger kits as far as turbos go, not so much with superchargers.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,445 Posts

The 2.0 and 2.7 hold about the same amount of power. If you are comparing apples to apples and turbo both 2.0 and 2.7 they will both take about 400WHP reliably if the tune is solid and you run with E85. However, once you start supercharging things (which the 2.7 was almost exclusively supercharged for simplicity) then the max power of the 2.7 drops to around 300-325WHP reliably on E85. The instant low RPM torque from the supercharger is what breaks rods. I don't know what the 2.0 will hold with a supercharger because those kits were exceedingly rare. Nobody pushed the limits of the 2.0 with a supercharger.

Reactions: 03tibgts

· Registered
281 Posts
The 2.0 and 2.7 hold about the same amount of power. If you are comparing apples to apples and turbo both 2.0 and 2.7 they will both take about 400WHP reliably if the tune is solid and you run with E85. However, once you start supercharging things (which the 2.7 was almost exclusively supercharged for simplicity) then the max power of the 2.7 drops to around 300-325WHP reliably on E85. The instant low RPM torque from the supercharger is what breaks rods. I don't know what the 2.0 will hold with a supercharger because those kits were exceedingly rare. Nobody pushed the limits of the 2.0 with a supercharger.
Seen two sc'd 4 bangers actually on here recently and the downfall was the tune it seemed. The one guy had a tib really close to me actually I was very tempted to pick it up but he said the tune was making the engine not reliable...

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,445 Posts
Seen two sc'd 4 bangers actually on here recently and the downfall was the tune it seemed. The one guy had a tib really close to me actually I was very tempted to pick it up but he said the tune was making the engine not reliable...
They exist... But they are so rare that nobody did much with them. There was a ratio of like 40:1 of 2.7 to 2.0 superchargers ever produced. I don't even recall NGM tuning the the OEM ECU for a "stage 2" setup that would get you significantly beyond 200WHP.

I'm not here to dump on peoples dreams... Just trying to keep expectations realistic.

Reactions: 03tibgts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts