Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to sell my Sexy B1tch, and while I'm waiting for a buyer to come along and snatch her up, I'm going to resolve a few issues... you know, have some door dings lifted, paint some chips and such...

So my gas door has started to look like... well... crap. The paint is yellowing and it looks like crap. (My car is white...it stands out) So I figure, putting a decent, yet not too expensive, aluminum fuel door on there will make it look a bit better.

Where should I look? Anyone want my old door to paint it or do whatever with?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'll take your old door if you want. I've been meaning to experiment a little with painting one. For the aluminum ones you should probably just go with the metal "looking" one that's on kspec and the dream4kujjksadjklsdfkl site (sorry, I forgot the actual web address). It's still plastic but it looks good. I don't think anyone has made an actual aluminum one yet.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Werd, heck, you can stop by and pick up the old door once I get the new one. I'm up on 1325 almost in Round Rock.

I found a decent one on e**** for $45... I'll probably go with that. Don't need to have anything uber fancy or expensive... I'm hoping the car will sell in a couple months.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My dealership repainted mine free for me. But I think if your car is over 35k then your out of luck, but who knows, you can ask and see what they say.
It is a wide spread problem along tiburons so...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well, you could wet sand it and make it dull. The metal fuel doors the other companies sell is a dull finish to make it look more metal like I guess, that is how mine is anyways!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Mine is silver and looks like crap. It's strange though because where the pinstripes were it still looks perfect. I had them take off the pinstripe the day I bought the car. The entire rest of it is yellowing. My gills are yellowing a little too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts