Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This may be a repost but since I have been getting PMs asking on this so I decide to post this info so that those of you with 2003 GK27s can figure out.

I have converted this this to a JPG file for easier and faster viewing but if anyone needs the original PDF file feel free to ask me then I can email the PDF file foir you.

Kenny(r100s)

·
More insane by the minute
1,257 Posts
Re: [[ INFO]] Fidanza Flywheel / how to tell which application for your 2003 GK27. (PIC)

Thanks god Fidanza finally put something out on this.

Here's a sticky for ya.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How does this affect other years? Like my 2005, or is it specific to 2003 models?

·
Banned
2,716 Posts
I found this the other day other day while I was figuring out whether I needed the HY3 or HY5

* 2003-2005 Tiburon 2.7L

SPECIAL NOTES: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED USING THE VERY BEST SOURCES AVAILABLE. THE END USER MUST VERIFY FITMENT BEFORE INSTALLATION.

Please make note of your cars manufactured date located on the drivers side door jam before ordering.

- Manufactured on or before March 2003 (5-speed): HY3-193361

- Manufactured on or before January 2003 (6-speed): HY3-193361

- Manufactured on or after April 2003 (5-speed): HY5-193461

- Manufactured on or after Feburary 2003 (6-speed): HY5-193461

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found this the other day other day while I was figuring out whether I needed the HY3 or HY5

* 2003-2005 Tiburon 2.7L

SPECIAL NOTES: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE LISTED USING THE VERY BEST SOURCES AVAILABLE. THE END USER MUST VERIFY FITMENT BEFORE INSTALLATION.

Please make note of your cars manufactured date located on the drivers side door jam before ordering.

- Manufactured on or before March 2003 (5-speed): HY3-193361

- Manufactured on or before January 2003 (6-speed): HY3-193361

- Manufactured on or after April 2003 (5-speed): HY5-193461

- Manufactured on or after Feburary 2003 (6-speed): HY5-193461
Findanz states that most of V6 tiburons out there may follow the fitment as the above but there are some V6s font follow that. ( For 2003 V6)

Our shop had worked on a 2003 V6/6sp which the production date was in november in 2002 and we found out that we needed to use HY5-193461.

Best way to find out is to see what you have on your car first to verify which flywheel you have. So does mean you open disamount the tranny? We actually found out by removing the starter motor and looked inside to comapre with the pictures that Fidanza provided. and then we had ordered the right part for the car.

Good luck~

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Mine was August 02 and it used the HY-5

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
No tibs used the hy-3. It was a mistake on fidanza's part.

·
Banned
2,716 Posts
Explain the difference between the two. Maybe a stupid question, but does the HY3 have a greater diameter or something than the HY5?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Explain the difference between the two. Maybe a stupid question, but does the HY3 have a greater diameter or something than the HY5?
Not to be a d!ck man but how do you have over 3000 posts and not know the difference between the HY-3 and HY-5? It one of the most covered topics on NT. Anyway the difference is the spacing off of the crank. The HY-3 sits further away from the crank then the HY-5 does. If you use an HY-3 when you're supposed to have the HY-5 your starter teeth will not line up with the ring gear on the flywheel correctly.

·
Banned
2,716 Posts
Not to be a d!ck man but how do you have over 3000 posts and not know the difference between the HY-3 and HY-5? It one of the most covered topics on NT. Anyway the difference is the spacing off of the crank. The HY-3 sits further away from the crank then the HY-5 does. If you use an HY-3 when you're supposed to have the HY-5 your starter teeth will not line up with the ring gear on the flywheel correctly.
I'll try and ignore you ignorant comment for the most part. If I have never had to changed the flywheel/clutch until just now, please tell me why the hell I should know the difference?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I'll try and ignore you ignorant comment for the most part. If I have never had to changed the flywheel/clutch until just now, please tell me why the hell I should know the difference?
Just saying most members with that many posts know the difference, whether they've changed the clutch or not they've been around the board long enough to know. I knew the difference long before I changed my clutch. In fact, the whole point to this thread is to explain the difference between the two which it does in the very first post. Either way I answered your question so now you know.

·
Banned
2,716 Posts
Just saying most members with that many posts know the difference, whether they've changed the clutch or not they've been around the board long enough to know. I knew the difference long before I changed my clutch. In fact, the whole point to this thread is to explain the difference between the two which it does in the very first post. Either way I answered your question so now you know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
damn that cookie looks good.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Our shop had worked on a 2003 V6/6sp which the production date was in november in 2002 and we found out that we needed to use HY5-193461.
+10

I used to own a 2003 GTV6 with a November 2002 production date and it too required the HY5-193461 part number.

I do remember though that there were a few people who had REALLY early production models like SPRING 2001 that used the HY3.

But who knows where these guys are. Probably sold their cars and these poor 2nd and 3rd owners haven't a clue and will be consumed by the curse of HY3!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.