Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 GT 6 speed
1. The previous owner of my car stripped both the fill and drain plugs on my transmission, and I cannot find the correct replacement plugs anywhere. If anyone knows where to get these or has any other advice, send it my way.

2. That same owner installed some orange coilovers that are incredibly stiff, and I can't find a brand name on them. I would imagine that they probably came from ebay. If anyone could tell me about these, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
622 Posts
The drain plugs are part number 43171-39900 on the 6 speed according to hyundaipartsdeal.com:

There were a few sets of coilovers that came in orange. Do you have pictures of the coilovers? Orange is likely MaxSpeedingRods, MonoSS or Megan.

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
622 Posts
I am sure enough they're the right plugs that I would bet the $15 they cost on it lol. If you are questioning it, send Albert Hwang a message on the Facebook groups and give him your VIN. He's our resident parts dealer for genuine Hyundai parts and can sell you what you need.

Those coilovers look like some AliExpress garbage to me. Hard to say for certain with all the corrosion and discoloring. Maybe someone else can comment on the matter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am sure enough they're the right plugs that I would bet the $15 they cost on it lol. If you are questioning it, send Albert Hwang a message on the Facebook groups and give him your VIN. He's our resident parts dealer for genuine Hyundai parts and can sell you what you need.

Those coilovers look like some AliExpress garbage to me. Hard to say for certain with all the corrosion and discoloring. Maybe someone else can comment on the matter.
Thanks for all the info. I could believe that they're from AliExpress considering that my teeth want to fall out after every time I drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts