Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
First of all, you are the man.. Second of all you are the man!! I have the bolts! Now the only thing is I don't have the nuts! :( I guess I will try a couple more Kia dealerships. If they don't have the nuts, maybe I can get them at a True Value. Do you know what the specs of the nuts are? I think they are 14mm flange nuts but don't know the thread type or if its a serrated nut or not.

Thanks again for your help!
Dan

First of all, you are the man.. Second of all you are the man!! I have the bolts! Now the only thing is I don't have the nuts! :( I guess I will try a couple more Kia dealerships. If they don't have the nuts, maybe I can get them at a True Value. Do you know what the specs of the nuts are? I think they are 14mm flange nuts but don't know the thread type or if its a serrated nut or not.

Thanks again for your help!
Dan
No problem, glad you finally found them.

For the thread pitch and size, download a thread pitch app for your phone. On Android I use one just called Thread Pitch. There are similar apps on iOS but I don't know which ones are any good.

Yes, they are locking (serrated) flange nuts.

Hi
Any tips on how to release siezed bolt that stuck in suspension knuckle, already cut the tip on bolt and bushing, but the middle part stuck inside
Heat the knuckle where the bolt slides through, use PB blaster, WD-40 or similar in the gap between the bolt and knuckle.
Make SURE you scrape the visible part of the bolt so it goes through the knuckle holes, no need to try driving rust through the hole.
Big hammers with a punch/drift pin may help, a shop press, or (like I have done on similar bolts) use an airhammmer with a pin attachment to push the bolt in. Once it's moving, it should be easier to finish off.

Once apart, dry fit the new bolt to the knuckle, it should slide in easily. Clean things up until it does. When ready to reassemble, put a thin coat of grease on the length of the bolt for next time.

Reactions: AlexUA
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.