Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to take the front bumper off to do this job, and has anyone installed the CAI from injen that says its only for an 03-04 in an 06?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
im pretty sure it will fit. and im also pretty sure you dont need to take off the bumper. i believe it comes out around the fender area not the bumper.. i could be wrong tho. lets see what everyone else says.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
no take the plasctic peice out from under the driver side bumper and u will have plenty of room

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
no take the plasctic peice out from under the driver side bumper and u will have plenty of room
IMO its way easier to take the battery and headlight out. I'm pretty sure you have to take the battery out anyways to get the piping through.

your choice though

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea i have an 06 tibby with the Injen CAI

its a really easy installation

just take out the drivers side headlight

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i have the injen SRI, and i took out the battery. made the instalation like 10X easier. you gotta unhook the battery anyway, so why not take it out? lol. i didnt have to take the headlight out, but thats prob the difference between SRI and CAI installation.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got it in. that was a pain. its dangerously close to my fog lamps

·
Registered
959 Posts
i have the injen intake and the maf sensor wire is not long enough.. can i extend them?
Yes you can extend them, but you should just be able to turn the MAF to give you enough slack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts