Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, ive got a lot of questions lately because the mod bug is starting to bite me... real hard

-Which one has a bigger pipe diameter at the end?
-Which one do you guys prefer personally? Why?
-Do these exhausts help feul efficiency?
-Can both of these be installed on a 06
-Do I need an aftermarket intake first before the exhaust?

Thank you guys for answering, I really Appreciate your help , cheers :3_bier:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
-Which one has a bigger pipe diameter at the end? google it
-Which one do you guys prefer personally? Why? both?
-Do these exhausts help feul efficiency? sure
-Can both of these be installed on a 06 anything is posible
-Do I need an aftermarket intake first before the exhaust? if you want

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
The Borla should be smaller than the Injen at 2.25 vs 2.50 diameter respectively.

Help gas mileage? Mine's the same as when I was using the stock exhaust.....so doubtful for the Borla as well....

I (and a few others) prefer the Injen......Here's my review of it. Hope it helps you with your descision a little:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61733&page=1&pp=25

It makes no difference when you install an intake.....but it's nice to have both done at some point.

·
Registered
888 Posts
CableTec said:
The Borla should be smaller than the Injen at 2.25 vs 2.50 diameter respectively.

Help gas mileage? Mine's the same as when I was using the stock exhaust.....so doubtful for the Borla as well....

I (and a few others) prefer the Injen......Here's my review of it. Hope it helps you with your descision a little:

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61733&page=1&pp=25

It makes no difference when you install an intake.....but it's nice to have both done at some point.

This man and i definitely share a few opinions.

·
Registered
226 Posts
-Which one has a bigger pipe diameter at the end?
The injen is larger it looks *almost* stock the only diffrence i've been able to tell since installing my injen exhaust is that the exhaust tips are now stamped with injen - if your going for a sleeper go injen - if your going for a show car go borla it's the best name in exhaust.

-Which one do you guys prefer personally? Why?
I considered both of these side by side they were my ONLY two options - I'm building a sleeper car however and needed a exhaust tips that looked stock but provided better flow - Also anywhere above 3k rpms to about 5.5k rpms (i've got an intake might make a diffrence) the tiburon sounds EXACTLY like a 350z imo - a few other people have noted this as well (on the forum and friends of mine at work)
-Do these exhausts help feul efficiency?
Yes they both do with my intake + exhaust - me lead footing it to hear my exhaust roar = 26 mpg - I expect that to jump once i stop gunning my engine all the time :)

-Can both of these be installed on a 06
I don't know about the borla's however I did my injen SES install on the back of my 06 GT tib in the dark while it was raining outside on a gravel drive way (walking up hills in both directions mind you) in about 48 minutes.

-Do I need an aftermarket intake first before the exhaust?
That is completely your call both help personally I'd say just do both at the same time since the exhaust provides good gains but the intake provides even better gains - from my experience going injen intake/exhaust at about 3,500 the car begins to take off but at 5,500 theres some serrious thrust that really opens up.

by the way if you go injen get it from here
http://www.prostreetonline.com/ I couldn't find a less expensive price

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
Boostology said:
This man and i definitely share a few opinions.
Does this mean I'm not going crazy then? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts