Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, well upon searching for clips for exhaust systems for my i4, i realised that there is hardly any clips that are easy to find or still work. So please post your exhaust and a clip, maybe even pictures.

b4 anyone flames me, shut up. lol i know there is TWO definitive exhaust threads. but the original sucks, and the new one has no clips of i4 exhaust systems. so if u guys plost some here i can send em on over to the other thread, or let me know if u post some in that thread too.

Now proceed.......

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
Damn Daniel I thought an exhaust on a 4 cylinder tib would sound ricey but boy was I wrong. Yours sounds awesome with a nice deep tone. Did you recently install that exhaust cause i don't remember hearing that or seeing that on your car at Nisco's house.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yellowtibby said:
Damn Daniel I thought an exhaust on a 4 cylinder tib would sound ricey but boy was I wrong. Yours sounds awesome with a nice deep tone. Did you recently install that exhaust cause i don't remember hearing that or seeing that on your car at Nisco's house.
Nah, we did after Nisco's BBQ thing. And yea, it doesn't sound ricey, but she is a tiny bit loud, definitely when u compare it to the stock exhaust. But that's cuz we didn't put in those silencers, so....

Raquel :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
omgosh thank you! i'm looking for some good sounding exhaust systems... can anyone else contribute?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I got a evofussion exaust on the basis it was the cheapest i could find for the I4, and its been pretty good to me. It's got the same kinda of throaty sound as the myspace vid, not as deep though.. perhaps because I don't have headers and my intake isnt installed yet.. I was looking at the definitive headers threat though, seeing as thats the next logical mod, and the ones listed for the I4 were all like 450+ even though some places sold V6 headers for under 300.. Jw if any of you guys have found a cheaper solution for our underpowered problems..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
evofussion ..... its was 475 shipped i think. maybe like 20-40 dollars less... just google evofussion and look through their site for the exaust.. sounds great.. the look isnt like the one in their picture... its like slightly bigger then the stock exaust but not to the point where u can really tell
tiburon06 said:
pedro i'm looking for cheap exhausts too what brand/where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
510 Posts
silvershark2005 said:
Ok guys, well upon searching for clips for exhaust systems for my i4, i realised that there is hardly any clips that are easy to find or still work. So please post your exhaust and a clip, maybe even pictures.

b4 anyone flames me, shut up. lol i know there is TWO definitive exhaust threads. but the original sucks, and the new one has no clips of i4 exhaust systems. so if u guys plost some here i can send em on over to the other thread, or let me know if u post some in that thread too.

Now proceed.......
Once Best Buy fixes my defective camcorder I'll have a vid posted as well...

·
Registered
9 Posts
i've got a custom cat back setup, went with a single magnaflow flow-through muffler and put it in place of the stock resonator, then simply ran pipe back to the two magnaflow polished tips. Whole setup plus install only cost me $225 and it sounds nice and deep
Pic of the muffler:

and tips:

tonight i'll take the camera and see if i can get a nice sound clip and pics of the set up

·
Registered
558 Posts
i'm going to have to bump this because i'm going to be getting an exhaust in feb

·
Registered
434 Posts
same as well and a high flow cat ( Catco ) plus header ( obx ) not sure about exhaust

1 - 20 of 25 Posts