Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I FINALLY found my guage to match my A/F Ratio. Defi D-Guage, in black, which is no longer produced. I have been searching for 2 months. Well I got it in, opened it up, it comes with the sender and everything, I just need to know which fuel line to tap. To I go into the one on the front rail or the rear rail. It says to put it in on the high pressure side, so I would assume that would be the one closest to you when you are standing over the engine. Just need some verification, thanks!

I have an 04 btw.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have a gauge mounted directly on the front fuel rail. I just drilled & tapped it. Then put teflon tape on the threads. I suppose you could mount the sender the same way.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
just make sure you pick up a spare pair of fuel rails... just incase you f00k up lol..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I recomend using a drill press if you can. I wouldn't try it with a hand drill. If you don't mind the downtime, you can send it to me with the sender and I will drill, tap & mount the sender. I can turn it around overnight. Just pay the shipping both ways.

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, but I can't have any downtime. She is my daily driver. I think it would look pretty screwed up too if I did that with the sender. Hang on I will get some pictures.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Does the fuel pressure change a lot during driving? So would you want to have the guage in the car to keep an eye on it?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Rickna said:
I recomend using a drill press if you can. I wouldn't try it with a hand drill. If you don't mind the downtime, you can send it to me with the sender and I will drill, tap & mount the sender. I can turn it around overnight. Just pay the shipping both ways.
wow rickna, you're so generous. NT could def. use some more guys like you~

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
riggs1088 said:
Does the fuel pressure change a lot during driving? So would you want to have the guage in the car to keep an eye on it?
The stock FPR's stay constant. There are boost sensitive/rising rate FPR's that the PSI varies.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Kalian said:
wow rickna, you're so generous. NT could def. use some more guys like you~
Look I make a few bux here& there. I like to return someting to the community.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Make sure you post pictures when you're done... there aren't enough photos of installs like this around.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Is there a return fuel line on the back rail? The sender could be mounted on the plate at the end of the back rail.

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I was trying to figure that out. Which line would be the return. SInce you say this, I presume the return is the rear hose?

Here is the sender, hence why I said it would be odd in the fuel rail...its fairly big. I was going to cut the fuel line, and put a T connection in it, which this would screw into the T part of the connection and then the line would go straight through. What do you think about that?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I suggest putting it on the return line, since it's after the FPR to get accurate readings.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
The return line is the one on the back?
Actually it's not. It's on the front. I forgot I switched mine around when I put on anadjustable FPR.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Sorry for getting mixed up. I had surgery last week and the pain killers killed more brain cells than pain. Let us know how it goes.

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
I'm going to be doing the same thing with the T this weekend. Thanks to bms I have a list of parts to convert everything to -6AN with stainless lines, then I can just put a gauge adapter inline.... but that won't come for a couple weeks. Until then, I bought a T fitting with a 1/8 port for the sender that I'll splice into the fuel line. Have you started on yours yet? If so, how did it go? Any pics?

·
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am doign it now. I am taking pics as I go...so I will post them when I get done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts