Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 15mm adapters for the front on stock 17s and 25mm adapters for the rear. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines here's before and after:

Before

After:

More after shots:

I have a problem though, my rear 25mm adapters are not flush against the hub as seen in this picture:

When I tried the 15mm in the rear, they fit perfectly flush. I'm not sure how else I can make it fit, but I did email the seller and hopefully will get a response back soon.

I also rub when turning and bumps haha, guess I need to do some fender work!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I was rubbing on both front and back but I just took off the 25 and put the 15mm in place. Now I don't rub at all and I'll just run without a front adapter.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea what brand are those?? i might get some 15's for front and rear but i dont know what brand to look at

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got them straight off ebay for $88 for a pair from the same seller. Its very strange that the 25mm don't fit flush at all but the 15mm do. That's what I get for going the ebay way!

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
i got the extended lug version. no complaints. check out my sig, (AFS)

·
Registered
579 Posts
how where you rubbing in the front? the rubbing in the rear can be cured with some negative camber

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Looks good but looks like you need a set of rims (not stockers, me too lolz)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
25mm in the rear FTW! I have those too, and I love the staggered, more aggressive look it gives.

Like only1db said, some camber adjustment should fix the rubbing (he did mine!) ... for the most part. Mine still rubs a little on the right side, but only around really hard turns or big bumps. Fender rolling would be the ideal option, but those tools are hard to find, and not cheap (even to rent).

I'd be a little concerned about that non-flush fit though....

·
Registered
579 Posts
25mm in the rear FTW! I have those too, and I love the staggered, more aggressive look it gives.

Like only1db said, some camber adjustment should fix the rubbing (he did mine!) ... for the most part. Mine still rubs a little on the right side, but only around really hard turns or big bumps. Fender rolling would be the ideal option, but those tools are hard to find, and not cheap (even to rent).

I'd be a little concerned about that non-flush fit though....
baseball bat is almost free....:3_winkthu os is a rubber mallet

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried the rubber mallet, just destroyed it haha. I'm satisfied with the 15mm in the rear now, I'll just hold onto the 25mm.

·
Registered
533 Posts
can you link to the auction or similar one?

·
Registered
579 Posts
here is an example....looks good to me...he also has 20mm and 15mm

wheel spacers 25mm

btw use a deadblow rubber mallet...not a cheap little thing....and use a block of wood...the outside of the rear quarter panel will bow a little big...but thats ok it will be uniform and will help out.

to original poster...i'm assuming that the rear of the adapters are recessed for the stud so its sitting absolutely flush...although it doesnt look like its perfect from your pics.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Fix those 25mm, that's what I have on the back and mine are tight as hell. No space at all

thats not safe to be driving at any kind of high speed

1 - 20 of 48 Posts