Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not the best pictures took them at work but ill get better ones eventually. yes i no i need F/L headlights badly but im to broke lol. also a big thanks to mike at importshark for good business, couldn't ask for better fitment on the hood.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i've heard the hood pins are good but do i really need them if im not going to be racing or anything? this is now my DD and i've got a z28 for the go fast car lol.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
The OEM latch just puts more stress on it. The hood pins help even it out. I would do it. You just spent all that money for one you might as well protect it ya know?

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
even driving 60 on the freeway mine wobbled like a b*tch... this doesn't happen to everyone, but it's always a good insurance policy considering the air flowing under it on freeway driving has the capacity to lift it up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info. about how much are they and which vendor has them lol?

·
Banned
60 Posts
Please don't ruin that hood with pins. Mine fits perfect, no wiggles even at the finish line going 110.
It fits OEM, don't put holes in it for any reason.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
sexy 1234567

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
yeah i've heard the hood pins are good but do i really need them if im not going to be racing or anything? this is now my DD and i've got a z28 for the go fast car lol.
yeah okay listen to this guy.... he is obviously really smart
Like valkare have already said, whether you need hood pins or not depends on your hood. My VIS Cyber CF hood fits PERFECTLY in the OEM spot. Unlike the majority of new CF hood owners, I didn't have to modify a single aspect of the latching mechanism--no new bolts, no new latch spring, etc.

The fastest I've gone so far is 120MPH and my hood is solid and there is no wobbling at all. It's the same story for one of my buddies here on NT who got the same hood as me--no wobbling, perfect fitment, and no need for hood pins.

As for some other hoods, hood pins are apparently necessary or mandatory.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
I was more referring to how he said don't ruin your hood with hood pins, like it's just an appearance mod. I think cf hoods look better with the aerocatch kit installed. But to each their own I guess

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
I was more referring to how he said don't ruin your hood with hood pins, like it's just an appearance mod. I think cf hoods look better with the aerocatch kit installed. But to each their own I guess
+1... it looks oddly "naked" without them and unpainted.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
The SEIBON hoods have excellent fitment. I had one when I originally bought my Tib. If I were to do it again, I would definitely install pins. Do it to be safe.

·
Banned
60 Posts
yeah okay listen to this guy.... he is obviously really smart
You have a stock hood, your opinion is irrelevant.

Try the N/A or stock section threads.

The only hoods that should have pins are ones that do not fit correctly(old N1 and cheap ebay crap), otherwise it's for people who think they are race car drivers.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
You have a stock hood, your opinion is irrelevant.

Try the N/A or stock section threads.

The only hoods that should have pins are ones that do not fit correctly(old N1 and cheap ebay crap), otherwise it's for people who think they are race car drivers.
oh I'm sorry man, I didn't realize that I have to have a CF hood to gather knowledge about them and learn about them... Also, since when were CF hoods only for those who were FI? I guess because I'm N/A I can't get a CF hood till i go FI... my mistake. Do you even know what N/A means?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts