Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so for the past elik 3 hours ive been installign my intake. lol. yes im a noob, i installed it perfectly everythign looks great everythings on, tightened and what not. i start the car, mkes weird noise at first then sounds normal, rps idle was a tad bit higher than usual, then i reved the engine a couple times, sounded amazing, then i noticed the check engine light was on.

what can be the problem?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well when the check engine light comes on you really need to see what code it is throwing.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
did u make sure the maf-sensor is facing the right way? there are arrows on it showing which direction the air flows. that could be a problem.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
what do you mean code?
usually when you trip a CEL, there is a corresponding code that goes along with it to tell you exactly what the problem is. if u get ur car scanned, the code will come up and that code tells you what is causing the CEL.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hmm, i dunno. if you can get your car scanned and get the code tomorrow, post that up and maybe someone can pin point what the problem is.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
go to autozone, tell em you got a CEL, and you need them to read the code with a scanner. it should be free..

he'll plug it up to the OBD-II port ( its under the steering wheel covered by a plastic cover that pops out)
and within 10 seconds, he'll tell you what code it is. id suggest writing it down and coming back and telling us what number it is so we can help.

otherwise we're just guessing what it COULD be, even if it may be completely unrelated.
Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
maybe like an autozone or some place like that?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh alright. is it safe to drive with the check engine light on not knowing what the prob is?

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
first off all u need to reset the ecu when u install an aftermarket intake the ecu needs to learn all the new a.f trims ect. plus if u start the car right off the bat and rev it ur gonna fcuk with the ecu since at idle it runs on a map that is in the ecu untill everything warms up. so reset ur ecu my money is ur throwing a maf code. also when messing with th intake and taking the maf off take the time to clean it and another thing if the maf wires are being pulled to tight it will throw a code so check all that out and see if it goes away

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright, ill recet my ecu, and make sure the maf wires arent tight, if the check engine light is still on after that ill go to autozone, and get the code and let you guys know what it is.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
when u start ur car LET IT SIT lol dont rev it just let it sit till the temp gauge is normal then go for a drive see if everything is good then get on it and have fun

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
yea u do its on the gauge cluster its the one that says hot or cold lol should be just under the halfway mark when its fully warmed up u dont have to wait for it to get all the way warm but i do

·
Registered
740 Posts
everyone has a temp gauge danny. its the one near your speedometer that has an "h" and "c" on it =] and its usually red and blue or something like that

1 - 20 of 43 Posts