Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the universal intake, basically its a metal pipe that hooks into the throttle body then goes to the MAF, then from teh MAF to the filter its adjustable tubing. I was just wondering how to go about getting the stock intake off, and replacing it with the new one.

I want the intake tube to run kind of behind the fog light, but I believe there is an intake resonator box behind the fog light, and stuff, just in general how to get it off and to install the intake.

Thanks! ^^

· Registered
3,270 Posts
Disconnect the battery (you might as well remove it completely to give yourself some more space)
Open the filter box, remove the filter, then remove the bolts in the bottom of the box and remove the whole thing (along with any piping coming out of it).
Remove the piping on both sides of the MAF. Be careful not to damage the MAF or stretch the wires.
Remove the tube attached to the throttle body and disconnect the little hose--it should attach to your intake. If you're going to have the TB exposed for awhile, you might want to put a plastic bag or something over it to keep dirt etc out.
Then just install the intake pieces where they go. If you are going down into the fender (which it sounds like you are) then you'll probably need to enlarge the hole to fit the pipes in. I've never done this, but most people just bend the edge with pliers or whatever till it fits. You'll want to wrap the piping or put some rubber or something around the edges of the hole so it doesn't rub a hole in the intake.
To get the filter on, either remove the headlight or the fender linings. Seems like the headlight would be the easiest.
You only have a resonator if you have an '03. I've never dealt with them so I can't help you there.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
jack the driver side up and remove the splash gaurds to get to the resonator box and remove it. Im sure there are some screws and such to hold it in place. Also removing driver side headlight can give more room

o and dont put any tornado's in the intake tube please

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.