Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realized my Aem dryflow filter fell off and has been off for 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. I realized it because my car started to idle alittle funny. Put the filter back on and secured it so theres no chance of it falling off again and idle is back to normal. I purchased some throttle body cleaner. Do I need to use it or should I be ok? Should I clean Maf sensor and if so with what? What do you guys think?:3_saai: :3_usehead

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I would go ahead and clean the MAF with some CRC Electronics cleaner. They have a QD (quick-drying) cleaner that leaves no residue.

As for the throttle body, it couldn't hurt to clean it, but I've never done it so I can't really speak for that.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
how exactly could it have fallen off?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you found out before som damage. Your poor MAF, was probably like "WTF"? :3_wink:
Yeah no kidding, my car was definately talking to me, asking me WTF are you trying to do to me.:m_stickpo Im lucky that it didnt happen in the middle of summer during monsoon or something.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how exactly could it have fallen off?
I put the filter on the end of the stock intake hose (its a AEM SRI system) If you tighten the filter too much or not enough it slips off. its been a pain in the ***.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I put the filter on the end of the stock intake hose (its a AEM SRI system) If you tighten the filter too much or not enough it slips off. its been a pain in the ***.
oh damn i know exactly what you mean! I got suckered into that AEM SRI system as well (not seeing the fine print that lets you know it is only the filter)...mine slipped a couple times, never came fully off, but it came a little loose a few times and you could definitely feel it in the idle and when i accelerated...i got tired of it very quickly and bought the CAI and haven't had a single problem

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh damn i know exactly what you mean! I got suckered into that AEM SRI system as well (not seeing the fine print that lets you know it is only the filter)...mine slipped a couple times, never came fully off, but it came a little loose a few times and you could definitely feel it in the idle and when i accelerated...i got tired of it very quickly and bought the CAI and haven't had a single problem
Yeah I'm thinking of getting an Injen Sri, I was pissed too when I opened the AEM box. I was like WTF is this crap

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
lol yeah that's probably going to be the most expensive filter you're ever going to buy...the Injen SRI is good though. I'd either go with that or the AEM CAI...I sold my spare AEM filter for $40, so you might be able to get a little money back once you pick up a new SRI or CAI...

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah. I don't really want a CAI. Even though it hardly rains in az it floods easy so I'd rather be safe then sorry. Just my personal preference

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
CRC makes a MAF cleaner spray... it's good stuff... around 5 bucks at most auto parts stores.

Glad you noticed the filter came off before too much time passed!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
yeah definitly clean the maf and maybe some TB cleaner wouldnt hurt either

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.